Somdamon

Hybrid MPG

Are you talking about FL cool weather.. That's springtime weather just about everywhere. 

Are you talking about FL cool weather.. That's springtime weather just about everywhere. 

8 hours ago, jm98 said:

Exactly....three seasons

I own  2016 mkz hybrid, brought brand new,always changed my oil since 30k miles and added tufoil,now 78k miles and with 8 round trips from NY to Florida/Georgia at speeds up to 75-ish (I'm  no slow poke!),using only 87 octane gas, Average TOTAL mpg at 42.0 mpg. My average mpg with my 2012 mkzh before I sold it with same driving pattern and oil changes was 38 mpg.......and I still enjoy and have fun driving my car and always trying to improve my mpgs!

On 12/18/2018 at 7:03 PM, 1steven said:

I own  2016 mkz hybrid, brought brand new,always changed my oil since 30k miles and added tufoil,now 78k miles and with 8 round trips from NY to Florida/Georgia at speeds up to 75-ish (I'm  no slow poke!),using only 87 octane gas, Average TOTAL mpg at 42.0 mpg. My average mpg with my 2012 mkzh before I sold it with same driving pattern and oil changes was 38 mpg.......and I still enjoy and have fun driving my car and always trying to improve my mpgs!

Good to hear from fellow MKz owner doing long distances.  I just did Dallas-Atlanta-Pensacola-Atlanta-Dallas round trip on my 14 Mkz.  I averaged around 41.8MPG. 

I was hoping the 17 MKz or later will have improved technology that can provide 45+MPG. Love to hear from 17 or later MKz owner on it.

anyone know how i can tell if this software update was done? comment 588

pg 1 of this thread

Edited by etrain

On 12/18/2018 at 8:03 PM, 1steven said:

What part of NY?

16 hours ago, etrain said:

anyone know how i can tell if this software update was done? comment 588

pg 1 of this thread

I had a 2013 MKZ Hybrid (traded in for a 2017 3.0T).  Beside improving the MPG, the software update also changed the maximum MPH where the electric engine would automatically disengage.  Before the update, the electric engine would automatically disengage at 62 MPH.  After the update, I believe it was raised to 85MPH.   So, if you can run on electric up to 85, you have the update.  FWIW, it has been a long time and this is all from memory - I am pretty sure it is correct - or I could be having a "Senior moment".  🙂 

1 hour ago, KenZ said:

I had a 2013 MKZ Hybrid (traded in for a 2017 3.0T).  Beside improving the MPG, the software update also changed the maximum MPH where the electric engine would automatically disengage.  Before the update, the electric engine would automatically disengage at 62 MPH.  After the update, I believe it was raised to 85MPH.   So, if you can run on electric up to 85, you have the update.  FWIW, it has been a long time and this is all from memory - I am pretty sure it is correct - or I could be having a "Senior moment".  🙂 

How do i run only on electric to see what mph it disengages? Mine runs on whatever it decides is best

On 12/23/2018 at 8:05 AM, etrain said:

How do i run only on electric to see what mph it disengages? Mine runs on whatever it decides is best 

Out on the highway just accelerate from 60 to 70 and then let up on the gas pedal and the car should switch to electric if you have the software update installed.

On 12/23/2018 at 9:05 AM, etrain said:

I have had mine in electric while coasting at 70 mph down I-95... never thought there was a top end but it could be there 🙄

On 12/30/2018 at 10:03 PM, DeeCee said:

Out on the highway just accelerate from 60 to 70 and then let up on the gas pedal and the car should switch to electric if you have the software update installed.

does anyone know how I can find out what software mine has? annnnnnd how I could get it installed if its an old version. Just did a highway run and can only get it to engage ev at 45mph max. I have a 2011 if that makes a difference

Edited by etrain

13 hours ago, etrain said:

does anyone know how I can find out what software mine has? annnnnnd how I could get it installed if its an old version. Just did a highway run and can only get it to engage ev at 45mph max. I have a 2011 if that makes a difference

2011-2012 was a different technology.  2013 MKZ went to a different type of battery and technology.  If I remember correctly, the top EV speed in the 2011-2012 model was 47 MPH, so you are where you are supposed to be.  The software upgrade was specific to the 2013 MKZ (Fusion and C-MAX) - and only those made in a certain date range if I remember correctly.      

On 1/3/2019 at 7:02 AM, KenZ said:

2011-2012 was a different technology.  2013 MKZ went to a different type of battery and technology.  If I remember correctly, the top EV speed in the 2011-2012 model was 47 MPH, so you are where you are supposed to be.  The software upgrade was specific to the 2013 MKZ (Fusion and C-MAX) - and only those made in a certain date range if I remember correctly.      

yes, i found out exactly what you said, at the dealer today