Sign in to follow this  
Multitask

SYNC3 v3.4.21194

I just checked and this is available... not sure if it's just for 2020 MKZ Hybrids, so you might want to make sure.... NO it is not for 3.0

I just updated to the newer version this morning (while driving into work), so when I get off work i will see what it is like.

I just checked my car is at the dealer and it seems the updated my Sync to with this new update.. 2020 MKZ 3.0 AWD

This update resolved the TravelLink issue I was having with the traffic not showing up on the Sync Nav.. All good

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2021 at 11:34 AM, Robert Iggy Cerami said:

This update resolved the TravelLink issue I was having with the traffic not showing up on the Sync Nav.. All good

could you describe the problem that you were having?

"...TravelLink issue I was having with the traffic not showing up..."

I think he did... 

On 9/27/2021 at 11:03 AM, bnewt said:

could you describe the problem that you were having?

Traffic was not showing up on my nav...seems fine now 

For me , it took about a week before it straighted out... but then I hardly ever use it, I have my phones google maps via Android Auto...  😎

For those that wanted to know, the file name is 5U5T-14G381-ET

my 2020 mkz updated to this version via wifi & also updated the maps to 2.20

Hey guy, I was reading about what you were saying about the Travel Link, I just upgraded my sync 2 to the new sync 3.4, and everything works great, but for for some reason my travel link will not work, all of the icons are there but when I click of one of them it goes into the process  but then it's back to the original screen, any ideas on what I do to get it fixed...also can you tell me what this file name is for 5U5T-14G381-ET....thanks

Edited by blumagic

Travel link is subscription.... so if you are not paying for it, it will not work

I do have a subscription...

On 2/11/2022 at 11:31 AM, blumagic said:

Hey guy, I was reading about what you were saying about the Travel Link, I just upgraded my sync 2 to the new sync 3.4, and everything works great, but for for some reason my travel link will not work, all of the icons are there but when I click of one of them it goes into the process  but then it's back to the original screen, any ideas on what I do to get it fixed...also can you tell me what this file name is for 5U5T-14G381-ET....thanks

Hi blumagic. If you upgraded from SYNC 2 to SYNC 3.4, you replaced your APIM etc. Therefore, it is likely that your vehicle is no longer recognized by Sirius TravelLink as the vehicle attached to the subscription.

My terminology will be off here, but what you probably need is for Sirius to transfer your TravelLink subscription from the old APIM registration/license etc., to the new one. If it can be done.

Similar to buying new vehicle and transferring a Sirius TravelLink subscription from the old vehicle to the new one new.

Good luck.

I remember when I went from Sync 2, to Sync 3 (3.0) they would not change it... so good luck.

Maybe start by telling them what the APIM came out of, rather than what it is in now.  😎

Also, to see what a file is for, unpack it, you should be able to see what it is for then.

Thanks for the good advice, but I did talk to SiriusXM and I was told that I was good to go but it still don't work....as you can see this is all that i get on my screen

Resized_20220218_171315.jpeg

Resized_20220215_132008.jpeg

20220210_175535_572544681115861.jpg

Edited by blumagic

How long did you wait before taking those pics... might be some time (hours, maybe a day or 2)

Edited by Multitask

Sorry for the late respond, I took the pixs the same day I posted them, but this is all it does....SiriusXM told me it could take weeks before it kicks in...

My MKZ updated to 22200 & 2.21 maps via wi fi