Jump to content
   
  • Custom Search


Recommended Posts

I'm coming up on 50k (44k at the moment) on my '17 MKZ.  I'm curious what plans you all use.  I know there is a difference in price between them.  I've spoken to a guy who works for AAA and he told me that if there is are 2 cars broken down and one of them has the Lincoln warranty, he will take care of that person first cause Lincoln pays right away.  So, I'm not sure if I should get the extended warranty from Lincoln.

Hope everyone's summer is going well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
   

I got the Lincoln one as part of the purchase because I drove a lot of miles - then my job changed and I don't drive so much. I should probably cash it in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Chris109,

It depends how much you drive and do you like a peace of mind? With a $100 deductible they'll fix whatever mechanical or technical piece no questions asked if it is a valid defect.  However if majority of your problems are rattles, creeks, noise, or even leather or wear material problems : they will not fix those with the extended warranty which was covered in the original warranty so get all those fixed before the original warranty is gone. With the Lincoln's extended warranty please note you also get the complimentary pick up and delivery of their vehicles extended for your extra warranty time you purchases (expires originally after 50k / 4 years). IF you get a third party warranty their will be a-lot of clauses that they may not pay out and will not have the perk of the Loaner vehicle. All of these are worth considering. However since your at 44k miles already it seems the 100k / 6 year extended CPO warranty would do you the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't quite understand how someone who works on cars for the AAA would get the opportunity to work on a car with a Ford/Lincoln ESP.  Why would someone with a Lincoln ESP go to an independent shop instead of a Lincoln dealer?  I doubt Lincoln would even honor the warranty.

At any rate, stay away from third-party warranties.  Complaints are plentiful.  Shop around online for quotes on pricing.  You can buy the warranty from any authorized dealer and like everything else, prices are negotiable.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chris109 said:

I'm coming up on 50k (44k at the moment) on my '17 MKZ.  I'm curious what plans you all use.  I know there is a difference in price between them.  I've spoken to a guy who works for AAA and he told me that if there is are 2 cars broken down and one of them has the Lincoln warranty, he will take care of that person first cause Lincoln pays right away.  So, I'm not sure if I should get the extended warranty from Lincoln.

Hope everyone's summer is going well.

Hi Chris.  First, you better decide quickly, since you can only purchase a New Vehicle Lincoln Protect (ESP ) Plan while your car is still within the 4 year/50,000 mile new Car Warranty period.

Second, I agree with what drolds1 stated. I don't see a good reason why someone with a Lincoln ESP Plan would/should go to a non-Lincoln/Ford shop to have their vehicle repaired. I guess in the case of an emergency situation when it is the only choice. But otherwise, it is best to go to a Lincoln or Ford Dealer in the first place.

That being said, I purchased my Lincoln Protect Warranty when I purchased my 2018 MKZ.  And I purchased it from an online seller, since the price was far lower than that offered by the Lincoln Dealer I purchased my car from, or any of my other local Lincoln and Ford Dealers.

So that being said, I would recommend purchasing the Lincoln Protect ESP Plan and avoiding third party extended service plans. I found the best price through Ziegler Automotive Group - https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/tools/articles.aspx?article=New_Used_Cpo_Lincoln_Protect

After their initial offer, they sent me an email with a second discounted offer which was about 10% lower.

Others with low prices were Flood Ford, Lombard Ford etc. Even though I already did the pricing myself and have purchased my ESP Plans from Ziegler on my last three Lincolns,  I would recommend you call them and others yourself to get your own price quotes.  Best way to compare and be sure you have the best price. And don't take my word for it or anyone else's.  If you Google "Lincoln ESP Plans", you can find many listings for online sellers.

And there are many Plan options available, so be sure you are comparing apples to apples on price quotes.  There are different plans with different types of coverage (PremiumCare, ExtraCare, BaseCare, PowertrainCare etc), various year and mileage limits, deductibles ranging from $0 and up, interior/exterior LED lighting coverage, lost/broken IKT keyfob coverage, extended rental car coverage, etc.

Just as an FYI: I purchased the PremiumCare Plan. 8 years/75,000 miles, $0 deductible, LED lighting coverage and IKT keyfob coverage with basic rental car coverage.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently had the Lincoln Protect added to my warranty. There are several mileage/years options. You might try calling the Lincoln concierge and see what they can offer. I attached the info sheet for reference.

 

Good luck!

2019 Lincoln Protect - Premium Care Extended Warranty Brochure.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scott said:

I recently had the Lincoln Protect added to my warranty. There are several mileage/years options. You might try calling the Lincoln concierge and see what they can offer. I attached the info sheet for reference.

 

Good luck!

2019 Lincoln Protect - Premium Care Extended Warranty Brochure.pdf

Just as an FYI, to avoid confusion for those interested but not very familiar with the Lincoln Protect Plan/ESP information: The PDF Scott linked to above is only for the top of the line Lincoln Protect PremiumCare Plan.  For those who may not be able to or do not wish to pay for the PremiumCare Plan, there are lower level plans, such as ExtraCare, BaseCare, PowertrainCare etc. Each level down costs less but covers fewer components.

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With regards to AAA; I don't mean working on the car.  I meant them towing the car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFAIK, Lincoln ESPs include 24-hour roadside assistance.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chris109 said:

With regards to AAA; I don't mean working on the car.  I meant them towing the car.

Hi Chris.  Just expanding on what drolds stated: Lincoln Complementary Roadside Assistance covers our cars for 6 years/70,000 miles.  A Lincoln Protect/ESP Plan would then extend Complementary Roadside Assistance to whatever the plan limits are for the Lincoln Protect/ESP Plan purchased.

In your first post you mentioned what the towing guy told you and that you were wondering whether to purchase a Lincoln extended warranty.  There are a lot of good reasons to purchase a Lincoln Protect/ESP Plan. I did. However, just about the last reason to buy a Lincoln Protect/ESP Plan would be for the towing. Get a Lincoln Protect/ESP for the peace of mind concerning warranty service coverage. The towing is just an extra perk.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Chris.  Just expanding on what drolds stated: Lincoln Complementary Roadside Assistance covers our cars for 6 years/70,000 miles.  A Lincoln Protect/ESP Plan would then extend Complementary Roadside Assistance to whatever the plan limits are for the Lincoln Protect/ESP Plan purchased.

In your first post you mentioned what the towing guy told you and that you were wondering whether to purchase a Lincoln extended warranty.  There are a lot of good reasons to purchase a Lincoln Protect/ESP Plan. I did. However, just about the last reason to buy a Lincoln Protect/ESP Plan would be for the towing. Get a Lincoln Protect/ESP for the peace of mind concerning warranty service coverage. The towing is just an extra perk.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

I should have made another paragraph in my first post.  With regards to AAA, from what I understand, Lincoln (maybe others) use the same towing services as AAA.  So, if a driver were to choose between AAA customer and Lincoln customer, he would choose the Lincoln customer first.

As for that being the reason for an extended warranty, no way.  I was curious about getting an ESP from Lincoln or one of those other places.  My local dealer (Fuccillo) does not offer the warranty thru it's dealership.  They get it from a third party.  I don't remember the name.

 

Once again, I type faster than I can think.  

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chris109 said:

I should have made another paragraph in my first post.  With regards to AAA, from what I understand, Lincoln (maybe others) use the same towing services as AAA.  So, if a driver were to choose between AAA customer and Lincoln customer, he would choose the Lincoln customer first.

As for that being the reason for an extended warranty, no way.  I was curious about getting an ESP from Lincoln or one of those other places.  My local dealer (Fuccillo) does not offer the warranty thru it's dealership.  They get it from a third party.  I don't remember the name.

 

Once again, I type faster than I can think.  

tenor.gif

Hi Chris. No problem.  I have the same finger/brain issues.

As I mentioned above, I have researched online sellers quite a bit on my last three Lincolns and was able to get the lowest price every time from Ziegler Auto Group: https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/tools/articles.aspx?article=New_Used_Cpo_Lincoln_Protect

I can vouch for Ziegler giving me what I wanted in a simple and hassle free transaction.

Next closest to them in price was Flood Ford (within ~$10-$30 each time). Essentially all the online sellers on the first two pages had lower quotes than the Dealers I purchased  my cars from, and/or my other local Lincoln and Ford Dealers. The only exceptions i can recall were the links to Lincolnprotect.Lincoln.com. That is dealing directly with Lincoln, and their quotes will be the full retail/list price. And there will be quite a price spread between the highest and lowest online sellers, so do your homework.

However, do not take my word for it on pricing.  Google "Lincoln ESP Plans" and you will get this: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&ei=xmBHXfW0ENLy5gKLio-YAw&q=Lincoln+ESP+Plans&oq=Lincoln+ESP+Plans&gs_l=psy-ab.12...12165.15880..18934...0.0..0.99.1219.17......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i67j0i131j0j0i22i30j38j33i299j33i160j0i8i13i30.ftMIDniMC1E&ved=0ahUKEwj1r6WjpurjAhVSuVkKHQvFAzMQ4dUDCAo

Call or get online quotes and go from there. Being old school and preferring to speak to a human, I always prefer to call when possible. Keep in mind that some sellers (including Ziegler) may/will send you an Email after about a week with an updated offer. In my case, it was 10% lower than the initial quote. So give an Email address and don't be in a rush, unless you are coming close to the end of your New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty period.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
Aforementioned finger/brain issue typos. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×