Sign in to follow this  
sam kahill

What is the smallest diameter rim on MKZH

Hi All..I am shopping for a used set of snows, for my 2015 MKZH/found one 215/60/16 my summer's are 245/40/19, I know the overall is within 2%, but wondering about the clearance around the rotors/ from the 16" rim. what's everyone with snows  using? 

Owner's manual is of no help on this topic. Thank you

49 minutes ago, sam kahill said:

Hi All..I am shopping for a used set of snows, for my 2015 MKZH/found one 215/60/16 my summer's are 245/40/19, I know the overall is within 2%, but wondering about the clearance around the rotors/ from the 16" rim. what's everyone with snows  using? 

Owner's manual is of no help on this topic. Thank you

Hi Sam.  The Tire Rack recommends 17" minimum. Don't go smaller than that.

Keep in mind there is more to a proper wheel fit than just clearing the rotors/brakes. You also need to make sure that the wheel offset, lug spacing and wheel centerbore are all the correct size for your MKZ.

You can find a lot of good information here: https://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/homepage.html

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

hi bbf2530,

I ended up getting the 16", as the seller used them on MKZH 2014, they are Michelin Xice Xi3, they even have the pressure sensors, and the price was great as well, the tread ? well 3 seasons at least left on them.

So I figure they should fit with no problem, since they were used on 2014, I have 2015.

I also noticed there is at least 4" of clearance with the 19", currently, so there should be at least 2.5" of clearance left with the 16". 

the only downside to the 16" is I lose 1.9% on my mileage. (about 8 miles per tank full)

Cheers.

Edited by sam kahill