Sign in to follow this  
brentonm74

2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD

Any suggestions to give tone to a 3.0T engine?I'd like to give it some tone at start up and on throttle.

Straight pipes!

After doing some digging and searching around, I havent found any system, not even a muffler that will fit into the back section of this new car. The way the oem system is route, you would have to either put a dual in/out near the resonator and run pipes straight out. Other wise there is really no room.

I thought about straight pipes but thats louder than I want to do. I really love the Borla Touring muffler but I can't figure out how I would fit it in at all. The have offsets or center but no dual in/out. I wish it came from the factory with some tone. ITs pretty quiet

Straight pipes!

RenderIllustration.ashx

Routing of Exhaust system.

What about removing the resonator and replacing with pipe, but leaving the stock muffler in place?

Removal of the resonator causes a hideous drone on SHOs when cruising according to those who have done it. I suspect it might do the same with this.

Drone is no good.  Maybe passable on a Mustang when you are 18, but not on a Lincoln.  Forget my idea!

these engines sound horrible with straight pipes. there is terrible resonance. I'm going to a muffler shop tomorrow. I maybe able to fit a dual in/out before the rear axle and run pipes out the back like normal. If not, Ill abandon this until someone else experiments with it