Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

can you program fob for each person

fob setting personalize key fob

Best Answer ynotc , 30 September 2014 - 08:43 AM

As I said earlier... YES you can program your individual FOBS to automatically set the settings in the car.  It's in the manual.  And Joe, the FOB does not have to know who is using it.  If the wife only uses one of the fobs, then that fob can be programmed to HER seat settings, not the husbands, and visa-versa, so you don't have to press the stupid buttons.  But, as I said, I have yet to successfully program my fobs for the two authorized drivers.  :)  ynotc... have you downloaded the PDF version of your manual?  It is much easier to search for things using the pdf file vs the printed version.  Plus, you can ensure you have the latest version of the owners manual.

Steve thanks did the trick

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ynotc

ynotc

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Locationfort myers fl
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:lincoln

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

are we able to program each key fob so that when that person comes to the car the settings for that person will be on in the car

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 397 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationNorth Texas
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Super Crew Ecoboost

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

If you are referring to the seat, mirror, and steering wheel settings, then yes, each fob can be programmed for that person. I have yet to get it to work, but maybe you will have better luck. The procedure is in the Owners Manual. :)

#3 Rusty Boltz

Rusty Boltz

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX
  • My MKZ's Year:2008
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKS

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:10 AM

I did it on mine, but that was over 3 years ago so I don't remember how I did it.

#4 JoeBrown

JoeBrown

New MKZ Member

• 348 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMount Vernon, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2014, 3.7L V6, AWD. Ruby Red/ Dune

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:24 AM

Up to three pre-set memory positions may be saved for the seat, mirror and steering wheel settings. You don't need another key fob if that's what you want to do. See Page 126 in the 2014 user manual.

Edited by JoeBrown, 27 September 2014 - 08:26 AM.

• Robert Iggy Cerami likes this

#5 Tucker

Tucker

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

wow thanks I am tired of my wife always changing my seats

#6 ynotc

ynotc

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationfort myers fl

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:04 PM

Up to three pre-set memory positions may be saved for the seat, mirror and steering wheel settings. You don't need another key fob if that's what you want to do. See Page 126 in the 2014 user manual.

joe my 2014 book 126 is for climate control

and it was to be for the key fobs

1 for my wife

1 for me

i thought that when you come to the car with your fob it would set the seats windows etc by it self thanks tony

#7 JoeBrown

JoeBrown

New MKZ Member

• 348 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:47 PM

joe my 2014 book 126 is for climate control

and it was to be for the key fobs

1 for my wife

1 for me

i thought that when you come to the car with your fob it would set the seats windows etc by it self thanks tony

In my book it's page 126. Climate Control is on page 116 in my manual. The heading on the top of the page is SEATS. We must have a different revision.

The fob has no way of knowing who you are. You can do what you want to do by programming one or more of the 3 memory buttons.

They are very easy to program.

Edited by JoeBrown, 28 September 2014 - 04:49 PM.

#8 SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

New MKZ Member

• 397 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Super Crew Ecoboost

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:29 PM

As I said earlier... YES you can program your individual FOBS to automatically set the settings in the car.  It's in the manual.  And Joe, the FOB does not have to know who is using it.  If the wife only uses one of the fobs, then that fob can be programmed to HER seat settings, not the husbands, and visa-versa, so you don't have to press the stupid buttons.  But, as I said, I have yet to successfully program my fobs for the two authorized drivers.  :)  ynotc... have you downloaded the PDF version of your manual?  It is much easier to search for things using the pdf file vs the printed version.  Plus, you can ensure you have the latest version of the owners manual.

#9 JoeBrown

JoeBrown

New MKZ Member

• 348 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

OK.

#10 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:58 AM

There were two printings for the 2014 OM. When referencing page numbers, it's not possible to know who has what unless they say so. 

For the OP, for programming individual fobs:

Linking a Pre-Set Position to your Remote Control or Intelligent Access Key

Your vehicle can save the pre-set memory positions for up to three remote controls or intelligent access (IA) keys.

1. With the ignition on, move the memory positions to the desired positions.
  1. Press and hold the desired pre-set button for about five seconds. A chime will sound after about two seconds. Continue holding until a second chime is heard.
  1. Within three seconds, press the lock button on the remote control you are linking.

#11 Tucker

Tucker

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

There were two printings for the 2014 OM. When referencing page numbers, it's not possible to know who has what unless they say so. 

For the OP, for programming individual fobs:

thanks for the info I will try this

#12 ynotc

ynotc

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationfort myers fl

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:43 AM   Best Answer

Steve thanks did the trick

#13 Rusty Boltz

Rusty Boltz

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX
  • My MKZ's Year:2008
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKS

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:00 AM

I've also programmed the keypad for preset positions.  :victory:

#14 Tucker

Tucker

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:13 AM

I did It worked like a charm

#15 jmactenn

jmactenn

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationLeague City, TX
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZ

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:03 PM

Worked perfectly for me.

#16 Tucker

Tucker

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

wow this was a great groupe effort LOL

#17 SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

New MKZ Member

• 397 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:43 PM

Mine still won't program!  Grrrr!!!!  :(

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·