Scats

Update on thumping noise in rear awd

I have a 1000 miles on my 2014 mix awd. Just recently I noticed a very loud thump from the rear end when I excelerate my dealers says it the awd engaging, it's supposed to be always engaged. Help

mix???  Oh... MKZ.  :)    I don't know about the AWD, but I do know they should not thump.  Was it your salesman or the service adviser that told you that bit of info?  If it was the service adviser I would find a different dealer or ask to see the service manager.

The AWD is not always engaged.  It engages when conditions call for it.  Also, when you accelerate from a stop the rear differential is engaged until around 40mph.  As you reach a steady speed it will disengage and the car will cruise in FWD mode.

One thing is certain:  it is not supposed to thump.  I have a 2014 MKZ AWD and it does not thump.  I suggest you ask to see the service manager and let him or her take you for a ride in another similar car and see if it thumps.  When it doesn't they'll have to fix your car.

I really don't know how, under the new Lincoln push to step up their game and having rooted out the underperforming dealers, dealers like this still exist.

If you don't get satisfaction, find another dealer, as SteveB suggests, or call Lincoln customer care.  The number is in your owner's guide.  They'll set up a case file for you.

Thank u guys, ur info is much appreciated

Turns out that thumping noise from my awd 2014, 1000 miles. Is not a normal noise like they told me, they had to replace the rear axel. Should have bought the audi a6

You started this thread last week and updated it today in a new thread.  The two threads have been merged.  There's mo reason to start a new thread to post an update.

BTW, you're serious about Audi?  In the 2014 J.D Power Reliability Survey, Lincoln ranked third, tied with Toyota.  Audi ranked far below the industry average.  

Rounding out the five highest-ranked nameplates are Porsche, Lincoln , Toyota  and Mercedes-Benz.

Audi is just a glorified Volkswagen.  We all know Volkswagen has a fantastic reliability record!  ;) 

Anyway, glad you got it fixed.  I hope you shamed the service adviser that said it was normal.  :)