Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Update on thumping noise in rear awd

Scats

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Scats

Scats

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationFlorida
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2014 lincoln mkz

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

I have a 1000 miles on my 2014 mix awd. Just recently I noticed a very loud thump from the rear end when I excelerate my dealers says it the awd engaging, it's supposed to be always engaged. Help

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 397 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationNorth Texas
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Super Crew Ecoboost

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

mix???  Oh... MKZ.  :)    I don't know about the AWD, but I do know they should not thump.  Was it your salesman or the service adviser that told you that bit of info?  If it was the service adviser I would find a different dealer or ask to see the service manager.

#3 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

The AWD is not always engaged.  It engages when conditions call for it.  Also, when you accelerate from a stop the rear differential is engaged until around 40mph.  As you reach a steady speed it will disengage and the car will cruise in FWD mode.

One thing is certain:  it is not supposed to thump.  I have a 2014 MKZ AWD and it does not thump.  I suggest you ask to see the service manager and let him or her take you for a ride in another similar car and see if it thumps.  When it doesn't they'll have to fix your car.

I really don't know how, under the new Lincoln push to step up their game and having rooted out the underperforming dealers, dealers like this still exist.

If you don't get satisfaction, find another dealer, as SteveB suggests, or call Lincoln customer care.  The number is in your owner's guide.  They'll set up a case file for you.

#4 Scats

Scats

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:19 AM

Thank u guys, ur info is much appreciated

#5 Scats

Scats

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

Turns out that thumping noise from my awd 2014, 1000 miles. Is not a normal noise like they told me, they had to replace the rear axel. Should have bought the audi a6

#6 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:59 AM

You started this thread last week and updated it today in a new thread.  The two threads have been merged.  There's mo reason to start a new thread to post an update.

BTW, you're serious about Audi?  In the 2014 J.D Power Reliability Survey, Lincoln ranked third, tied with Toyota.  Audi ranked far below the industry average.  

Rounding out the five highest-ranked nameplates are Porsche, Lincoln , Toyota  and Mercedes-Benz.

#7 SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 397 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationNorth Texas
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Super Crew Ecoboost

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

Audi is just a glorified Volkswagen.  We all know Volkswagen has a fantastic reliability record!  ;) 

Anyway, glad you got it fixed.  I hope you shamed the service adviser that said it was normal.  :)

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·