Whenever brakes get wet (raining), they seem to grab more than under dry, normal conditions. Almost as if I was really slamming on them. If they were in wet conditions, and I back out of my garage, there is a popping (?) noise, like a loose ball joint, from the driver's side brakes. Are Hybrid brakes different that non-hybrid brakes?
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:01 AM
Over 50K miles on my 2014MKZh and never heard any popping noise backing up in wet weather and applying the brakes. (I do not back out of my garage as I back in )
Don't forget that part of the Hybrid braking system is the hydro/motor/generator action that engages thus returning power to the battery
I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!
Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:57 PM