I purchased my 2014 3.7L FWD in June of 2016, it had 15k on it.
Last week, I hit the 100k mark.
I typically drive 55k or so annually, for work but 2017 was a softer year.
So far, here are my observations and experiences
- 2 Trips to the dealer
- the drivers side axle seal was leaking, it took a 2nd time to get it right (just a mist), now tight
- the trunk lid wasn't opening/closing correctly
- I'm averaging 26.3 mpg over the life of the vehicle and I'm pleased with that result.
- I do oil/filter changes every 10k, with Penzoil Platinum Pure Synthethic and PureOne filters.. I had Blackstone do an analysis at the 50k mark, and they suggested even longer change intervals. I do it myself, so I'll stick with 10k. I have to add 1/2 a quart in 10k, usually around the 6k mark
- I'm on my 3rd set of tires and I'm a bit more careful to rotate every 5k. The factory Michelins were toast at 25k, a replacement set of Kuhmo's only went 50k. The car has a now has a pedestrian set of General's, which are doing OK and performed well in snow and rain.
- no electronic issues in the cabin.
- the leather is holding up OK, but not as well as the leather in my Nissan Altima SL it replaced (the LIncoln leather is more comfortable/supple, so that makes sense).
- I still can't see when parking it! (wish the 2014 has those front camera/sensors)
- The paint and wheels are holding up well, I wax it about 3-4 x's a year, usually with Mothers Cleaner/wax or Meguiars (too lazy to polish, wax these days...)
Edited by riff raff, 14 March 2018 - 01:33 PM.