Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Rattling, possibly coming from within the door.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 easyrider

easyrider

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSun Coast, Florida
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln mkZ Hybrid Reserve Magnetic Grey/ Cappuccino

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

Hello all.

I wanted to post a question regarding the aforementioned topic to members of the forum in attempts to simply discover if any may have experienced similar issues and a possible solution.

To further elaborate,  I had initially thought the rattling noise I was experiencing from within the interior of my 2017 Lincoln mkZ  was coming from within the drivers side front door. I actually found the rattling sound was more prevalent while driving at highway speeds rather than around town.

As result I have since taken the car back to dealer when it was due for its first oil change whereby I mentioned my concerns to the service advisor, along with a request to speak with a tech from the body shop.

I had felt the folks over in the body shop may be a bit more familiar with such complaints, as well as any such solutions.

The front door panel was ultimately removed by a tech and although further inspection of the inner door didn't exactly produce any earth shattering results, the tech felt there may be a rattle coming from a cable associated with the power window.  His suspicion was that the electric window cable was flapping against the inner portions of the metal door frame created by air passing between the inner door and its metal frame,

Additional pieces of foam padding were wedged between the two, (Cabling & door panel frame).

Although this was an honest effort to rectify my concern, the rattle noise continues.

In an attempt to further determine an isolate a possible cause, I've been placing tape over various areas of the door, incl. the door hinge arm assemblies plastic dust covers which I felt may be the culprit, but no such luck, nor have I yet been able to locate the source. Ha!

I must admit attempting to specifically pin point this annoyance has been most frustrating due to the location where it appears to be originating.   : )

What I have determined however, is that it is not coming from the radio speaker. lol

I hope this is an isolated occurrence, and that others have not experienced such annoyances with there new Lincoln mkZ.

Happy Holidays!

Edited by easyrider, 22 December 2017 - 07:39 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·