Bought 2015 AWD MKZ 2.0 used with 40K. Has a ticking sound, dealer told me it was normal it was the fuel pump doing what it's supposed to be doing. Seems like it's more noticeable than it should be though. Is this just how the car is or should I press the dealer to look at it again...
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
2015 MKZ has a ticking sound
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:00 PM
Direct injection systems are loud. They operate under very high pressures and the injectors emit a diesel-like clatter. That's why you're seeing more engine covers these days. It's to try and deaden some of the sound that customers have complained about.
If you're not satisfied, ask them to let you listen to another one so you can compare.
See this thread from the Ford Fusion Forum.
Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:54 AM
- Robert Iggy Cerami likes this