Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

2007 Z, Checking Software Versions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tanner Fox

Tanner Fox

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew Hampshire
  • My MKZ's Year:2007
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2007 Lincoln MKZ AWD

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:21 AM

I've got a 2007 MKZ AWD that has odd shifting and a hesitation when trying to accelerate from a rolling stop or full stop. I've seen a couple of old forum posts about the TCM and PCM getting a firmware update that fixes the issues but the dealer wants to charge $100 (one hour of labor) to even look and update it if it's necessary. I'm just wondering if there's any way I can find out what firmware version these modules are on so I don't have to drop a hundred bucks if they're already up to date?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 1,164 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

All they have to do is enter your VIN into OASIS to see if any updates are called for.  They shouldn't be charging a lot, or anything, for that.  Actual reprogramming, yes, you'll have to pay for that. 

IDK where you'd get this data from otherwise. 

If what you're talking about is TSB 08-24-01, I don't think that reprogramming your TCM is going to help.   TCM/PCM reprogramming  was called for only if DTCs were present and mileage was under 20K in cases of harsh shifting, not what you described.  If no DTCs were present and fluid was burnt or if mileage was above 20K, the valve body was to be replaced.  What's your mileage?  Are you the original owner? Do you know the history of this car?

TSB
08-24-1 AISIN TRANSMISSION HARSH SHIFTING - NO DTCS - MILEAGE ABOVE 20,000 MILES (32,200 KM)

Publication Date: November 13, 2008

FORD: 2005-2007 Five Hundred
2006-2008 Fusion
LINCOLN: 2006 Zephyr
2007-2008 MKZ
MERCURY: 2005-2007 Montego
2006-2008 Milan

This article supersedes TSB 07-26-9 to update the vehicle applications, Parts List, Service Procedure and remove effected built date.

ISSUE:
Some 2005-2007 Five Hundred, Montego, and 2006-2008 Fusion, Milan, 2006 Zephyr and 2007-2008 MKZ vehicles equipped with an Aisin automatic transmission may experience shift concerns when the vehicle mileage gets above 20,000 miles (32,200 km). Shifting concerns are generally noticed during passing maneuvers with transmission at temperatures greater than 212 °F (100 °C) operating temperatures. Symptoms may be present during downshift 5-3 at 35 MPH (56 km/h) and/or 4-3 at 20 MPH (32 km/h) with throttle opening at approximately 50% or greater and include:

Harsh shift and/or clunk noise
Delayed shift and/or perceived slip/engine flare

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

If diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) are present in transmission control module (TCM) / powertrain control module (PCM), do not continue with this procedure. Perform normal diagnostics. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01B
If no DTCs are present and mileage is below 20,000 miles (32,200 km) reprogram TCM / PCM and retest.
If no DTCs are present and vehicle is over 20,000 miles (32,200 km), fluid should be drained and checked for excessive contamination. If fluid is not burnt, the valve body should be replaced and TCM / PCM updated to the latest calibration level. Refer to WSM, Section 307-01B for main control valve body replacement.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
8E5Z-7A100-B Main Control

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
082401A 2005-2007 Five Hundred, Montego, 2006-2008 Fusion, Milan, 2006 Zephyr, 2007-2008 MKZ With Less Than 20,000 Miles (30,187 KM): Check For DTCs And Reprogram The PCM/TCM, Includes Time For Road Test (Do Not Use With 12650D, 12650D84) 0.9 Hr.
082401B 2005-2007 Five Hundred, Montego, 2006-2008 Fusion, Milan, 2006 Zephyr, 2007-2008 MKZ With More Than 20,000 Miles (30,187 KM): Check For DTCs, Drain And Inspect The Transmission Fluid, Replace The Valve Body, Reprogram The PCM/TCM, Includes Time For Road Test (Do Not Use With 12650D, 12650D84) 2.2 Hrs.

DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
7a100 30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by "do-it-yourselfers". Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article. The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates. The most recent information is available through Ford Motor Company's on-line technical resources.

#3 Tanner Fox

Tanner Fox

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew Hampshire
  • My MKZ's Year:2007
  • Current Vehicle:2007 Lincoln MKZ AWD

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:51 AM

All they have to do is enter your VIN into OASIS to see if any updates are called for.  They shouldn't be charging a lot, or anything, for that.  Actual reprogramming, yes, you'll have to pay for that. 

IDK where you'd get this data from otherwise. 

If what you're talking about is TSB 08-24-01, I don't think that reprogramming your TCM is going to help.   TCM/PCM reprogramming  was called for only if DTCs were present and mileage was under 20K in cases of harsh shifting, not what you described.  If no DTCs were present and fluid was burnt or if mileage was above 20K, the valve body was to be replaced.  What's your mileage?  Are you the original owner? Do you know the history of this car?

Where would I find OASIS? My Google skills aren't working for me this morning but it looks like it may be a dealer-only type thing. Also this is the post that leads me to believe it's a software issue: http://www.fordfusio...hesitation.htmlsince it describes exactly what mine does. It's at 130,000 miles and I believe I'm the third or second owner and don't know a ton about the history of this car. The other thing that makes me think software is that it shifts fine on WOT. No slipping or jerking or anything that feels like something is wrong.

#4 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 1,164 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:38 PM

OK, I see what you're referring to.  Different TSB.   Yes, OASIS is dealer only.  It would take a dealer no time to look it up.  They should do it for a nominal fee.  A really nice one could do it as a courtesy.  Maybe try calling the Lincoln Concierge.  All they can say is no.  Sorry, but IDK any other way to get the info.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·