Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Interior creaking sound

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robocopswedgie

Robocopswedgie

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationVirginia
  • My MKZ's Year:2015
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Lincoln MKZh

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:28 PM

Hey guys. I bought a used 2015 mkzh a few months ago and for the most part, I've been thoroughly impressed by it! However, there are a few things that have been annoying. The most annoying thing so far is the interior squeaking/creaking from the center console. It's the sound of plastic on plastic rubbing which is most noticeable when I brake, accelerate from full stop, or hit a bigger bump on the road. It sounds like it's coming from the area below the nav screen, right around where the volume and fan controls are. Anyone else have this issue or any ideas on how to fix it?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 R2D2

R2D2

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 181 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationPalm Coast, FL
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZh

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:50 AM

I have only heard this once, can't recall the circumstance but it cleared itself in a days or so (I may have wiped down the area with some armor-all type product).... sounds like your issue is more constant. Have you brought this to the attention of a lincoln service center?

R2D2

Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

#3 Robocopswedgie

Robocopswedgie

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationVirginia
  • My MKZ's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Lincoln MKZh

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

Not yet, I was going to mention it at the 30k maintenance. I wasn't sure whether this would be something covered under a warranty. Also, I've experienced that when techs opens up plastic dashboard stuff it just makes the problem worse. Oh well...

It's kind of a shame Lincoln cheaped out on the center console. Like, if I push on the center console with a little force each plastic piece creaks. Not something I'd expect out of a 50k MSRP vehicle. My company car, 2016 Malibu, and my wife's 2016 RAV4 doesn't have this kind of issue. Hopefully a tech can fix it, but not going to hold my breath. Love most everything else about the mkz though!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·