Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Tire Size upgrade on 2013 19inch Rim

Tire upgrade

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Buddha

Buddha

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationTexas
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKZ Ecoboost 2010 Navigator L

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

I have a 2013 MKZ with 245/40R 19 currently on the car. I want to put Vogues on it. But they only come in 245/45R 19. Does anybody know if this tire would work with the car? It's a tight fit now with the current tires. It's not worth all the money if they are going to rub in any way.

Attached Files

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 397 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationNorth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Super Crew Ecoboost

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

I have a 2013 MKZ with 245/40R 19 currently on the car. I want to put Vogues on it. But they only come in 245/45R 19. Does anybody know if this tire would work with the car? It's a tight fit now with the current tires. It's not worth all the money if they are going to rub in any way.

Use this tire size comparison calculator to see the differences.  You should be okay since the 45s are taller but the same width as the 40s.  The problem would be your speed-o and odometer will be would be off due to the difference in circumference.  I had this problem when I upgraded the tires on my Mustang GT.  Luckily the dealership was able to reprogram the computer to tell it the size of the tires installed.  I don't know if the Z has that ability.  I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask your dealer.  :)

#3 Buddha

Buddha

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKZ Ecoboost 2010 Navigator L

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

Thank you Steve for the link! I'm just wondering with the tire hight being maybe an inch bigger would it rub the struts. Looking at my current tire now there is barley an inch of clearance now. They really packed this tire and wheel in there tight.

#4 robertlane

robertlane

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 447 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:GT500KR, E350, Shelby Terlingua

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

Pep Boys has a book, which shows which optional tires sizes will fit on all vehicles without clearance problems.

Lincoln MKZ Forum Help Guides

Easy tutorial guide.

Forum software help guide.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·