Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
SYNC update to Nav question
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:37 AM
There's no "nav module" per se. It's just a software change but it's not available to the public or dealers. From a Ford engineer:
There is no option. The navigation is tied to your VIN number, not to the hardware in your car. You need the "magic secret unlocker" that is not available to the public.
Not being facetious at all, there really is an unlocking software that will allow any MFT vehicle to have navigation added, no hardware required (other than the SD card). But as noted, it is not available to the public.
Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:29 PM
You'll be very happy with the results.