Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:24 AM
After doing some digging and searching around, I havent found any system, not even a muffler that will fit into the back section of this new car. The way the oem system is route, you would have to either put a dual in/out near the resonator and run pipes straight out. Other wise there is really no room.
I thought about straight pipes but thats louder than I want to do. I really love the Borla Touring muffler but I can't figure out how I would fit it in at all. The have offsets or center but no dual in/out. I wish it came from the factory with some tone. ITs pretty quiet
Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:08 PM
these engines sound horrible with straight pipes. there is terrible resonance. I'm going to a muffler shop tomorrow. I maybe able to fit a dual in/out before the rear axle and run pipes out the back like normal. If not, Ill abandon this until someone else experiments with it