ETIS does not populate until the vehicle is built.

Got my VIN tonight from the Lincoln Concierge. He was a lot more helpful than my salesman. No real idea when it will build.

He thought maybe late July. I did use the https://www.etis.ford.com website. It finds my VIN but it doesn't show a build date yet.

Wow. Sounds like we had the same sales guy. Your not near Troy MI are you? Lol.

After a some what rude and snippish voicemail in response to a question, we called the sales manager and she assigned us a new sales guy and the difference is night and day.

In addition they are requesting an expedited build schedule. It has been a much more pleasurable experience since.

Wow. Sounds like we had the same sales guy. Your not near Troy MI are you? Lol.

After a some what rude and snippish voicemail in response to a question, we called the sales manager and she assigned us a new sales guy and the difference is night and day.

In addition they are requesting an expedited build schedule. It has been a much more pleasurable experience since.

No bad attitude with my salesman just says he'll do something then does nothing.

The Lincoln Concierge told my dealer should be able to help me.

I told them if they would have I wouldn't be talking to him.

Checked again today....  Same status.  Guy said to check back after the 4th of July Holiday...  

Just check the status of my build and it is not much more than before.  no exact build date yet but "scheduled for a july build" according to the Lincoln Concierge.  she did say that it is past order processing and is waiting for the schedule date.  

I have my fingers crossed for a build the week of the 4th and hopefully delivered the week of the 18th

Just check the status of my build and it is not much more than before.  no exact build date yet but "scheduled for a july build" according to the Lincoln Concierge.  she did say that it is past order processing and is waiting for the schedule date.  

I have my fingers crossed for a build the week of the 4th and hopefully delivered the week of the 18th

I wouldn't count on that.  Ford plants are traditionally shut down each summer from approx. 7/4-7/15.  They've knocked a week off that this year only for plants that build CUVs/SUVs due to unprecedented demand.

i finally got my window sticker... up until this weekend it would come up with the message "this window sticker has not been created" 

today i checked it and it showed up...yay! 

lincoln concierge says that it is scheduled for build next week.  I asked about a shut down and they said there was nothing they can see that indicates a shutdown.

windowsticker.pdf

lincoln concierge says that it is scheduled for build next week.  I asked about a shut down and they said there was nothing they can see that indicates a shutdown.

That's interesting and I hope it's true.  However,

bizjournal.com, 6/17/16:

The remainder of Ford's North American manufacturing facilities will shut down from July 4-15 for regularly scheduled building maintenance and machine retooling.

Entire article.

Edited by drolds1

Agreed. After your initial post re shut down (makes to much sense) and now the article. I have resigned myself to the most likely outcome that the first week of August is going to be the time.

I believe there is a little "hope" that earlier will be done ( my current car is 9+ ) And with her replacement on the way she starting to wear on the one last nerve I have left . Lol

Agreed. After your initial post re shut down (makes to much sense) and now the article. I have resigned myself to the most likely outcome that the first week of August is going to be the time.

I believe there is a little "hope" that earlier will be done ( my current car is 9+ ) And with her replacement on the way she starting to wear on the one last nerve I have left . Lol

Yes. They seem to "know" when you have a new car on the way.   Years ago, on the same day I ordered a new car, the oil pressure light came on in the old one.  Then it went off.  It was just letting me know it wasn't happy. :hysterical:

Edited by drolds1

I wouldn't count on that.  Ford plants are traditionally shut down each summer from approx. 7/4-7/15.  They've knocked a week off that this year only for plants that build CUVs/SUVs due to unprecedented demand.

after your statement did some more digging around and found this.

shows that Hermosillo is closed the week of the 25 July and week of aug 1

post-1832-0-49672400-1467324850_thumb.png

Great!  So you should be on target for a build date next week based on the date (6/28/16) on the bottom of your window sticker.

Apparently, UAW agreements don't apply in Mexico. ;)

Schteve , crazy how this all works. Your VIN is sequentially later than mine, 617976 to my 617919 but I don't have a window sticker or build date yet.

Sequence number evidently has nothing to do with build timing.

Schteve , crazy how this all works. Your VIN is sequentially later than mine, 617976 to my 617919 but I don't have a window sticker or build date yet.

Sequence number evidently has nothing to do with build timing.

Dude, that is a major bummer... and very strange.  It makes sense that you have an earlier VIN since I didn't place my order until June 13. 

Maybe my dealership does have a decent amount of pull (reference above post regarding first salesman) and did say they were attempting to expedite my build as much as they could.

but yeah that is a bummer you don't have your window sticker yet.

Great!  So you should be on target for a build date next week based on the date (6/28/16) on the bottom of your window sticker.

Apparently, UAW agreements don't apply in Mexico. ;)

Yeah I was surprised a bit.

Btw, I see your a Mod here... any chance you can get someone to add MY '17 and add the 3.0T option for the my MKZ dropdowns?

Dude, that is a major bummer... and very strange.  It makes sense that you have an earlier VIN since I didn't place my order until June 13. 

Maybe my dealership does have a decent amount of pull (reference above post regarding first salesman) and did say they were attempting to expedite my build as much as they could.

The VIN sequence does not necessarily dictate build date order.  In addition, dealers have a numbering system they use to assign priority to build dates.  Since your dealer was trying to expedite your order, they may have assigned it a lower number (higher priority).

There's a lot to the Ford ordering system. If you're in the mood to read, this was posted by a Ford salesperson in another forum.  It uses F-series trucks as the example but that makes no material difference.

Ordered mine May 25th, but I don't think the dealer got it entered until after Memorial Day, like June 1st or 2nd.

You are right about some dealers having more pull than others usually based on how many cars they sell in a given year.

I had a dealer order a car for me one time and used one of their allocations to expedite the order

which I guess gives it a higher priority than a customer or retail order.

This dealer didn't offer that nor did I ask for it.

Edited by 17MKZ30T

Got the latest status from the concierge tonight.  It shows at "Trim Line" not sure if thats the start or end... but its different then "order status"

My dealership has been giving me the runaround. I ordered my 2017 MKZ Black Label on April 8. On June 15, the sales manager told me that my car "has been built." The ETA for delivery to the dealership was June 27-28. Well...that's been more than a week ago. I keep calling (nearly everyday) to get a status update and see why the delivery estimate was missed and what's going on. I've spoken to several salespeople, as well as the sales manager, and the general manager. They always say that it could show up any day on the truck with new deliveries...and that they'd go up and check and call me back and let me know something either way. But then I never get a call back...not one time. So I call back the next day and repeat the same process. I'm not really getting any answers or new information. The orginial salesperson who made the order for me has been out for over a month, recovering from a surgery...and he's the one I want to speak to. But I wouldn't dare disturb him on his cell while he's recuperating. So when I call and ask for him, I'm just transferred to whomever is available, or the sales manager. I don't have an order number...let alone a VIN. I'm starting to wonder if there's something going on that I don't know about. No one is giving me any updated information or an explanation, but they keep assuring me that they very much are concerned and want/need to earn my business. Based on the ETA of June 27-28...I have already sold my current car and transferred the title. The person I sold it to is nice enough to let me keep driving it in hopes that my MKZ shows up at anyday. I know they are probably tired of me calling everyday. I'm tempted to just drive over there in the morning, but I don't want to be a nuisance. At this point, I'm beyond frustrated and tempted to take my money to Lexus or Audi...and settling for one of my 2nd choices for a new vehicle. Or...just go to the other Lincoln dealer in my area and place another order and wait 12 more weeks. :(

FWIW I'm sure the dealer is as anxious to get your car delivered as you are. The salesman, manager, etc. don't build or transport the car. You can bet that when they have news for you, you'll hear about it!

FWIW I'm sure the dealer is as anxious to get your car delivered as you are. The salesman, manager, etc. don't build or transport the car. You can bet that when they have news for you, you'll hear about it!

True...but at the end of the day, if the customer doesn't feel valued, it's all for naught.

I know the cars are transported via Norfolk Southern rail...and the yard where all the new cars are unloaded is about 5 minutes from my house. The most direct route from the rail yard to the interstate (and eventually to dealerships) passes the street behind my house. So I see trucks delivering new cars all day when I'm sitting on my back patio. Plus, I called Norfolk Southern and I was told that once cars arrive, they use one haulaway carrier, exclusively, to transport cars to dealerships. So I called that company and the manager confirmed that each truck is tracked via GPS. I was told that if at anytime a dealer wanted a status, all they had to do was call with the last 6 digits of the VIN, and they could know exactly which truck it's on, who the driver is, where it was located, and what is the ETA. Now from the customer's perspective...if the ETA was June 27-28, and it's still not here on July 5, the sales manager could make a call on my behalf and find out what the heck is going on. Granted, I haven't technically purchased the car yet, but I did give them a small amount of money to guarantee that once it arrived, they would not sell it to anyone else, unless I took a look at it and changed my mind about purchasing for some reason. I don't understand why someone won't look into this for me. I'm really starting to feel something is going on behind the scene--information that I'm not privy to. This is frustrating...even if something unexpected or beyond their control has happened...don't keep the customer in the dark!! I've been searching at other dealerships across the country. If I find one EXACLTLY like what I ordered, I'm just going to get a one-way flight and go purchase it there. So far, I haven't had any luck...and the inventory search on Lincoln.com is pretty much useless. I've found a few that come close, but nothing with the exact colors/features I had ordered. This is getting ridiculous...

And what's makes it even more upsetting...there was a nice $1,250 incentive on 2017 Black Label MKZs. But it expires TODAY, July 5. Hopefully a bigger one is coming in the next few days. Sigh...

Edited by Myron D. Brown

I don't get why you don't have an order number or a VIN.  If it was built, they should have a VIN to give you.

I never bothered to write down the order number initially. The first 11 weeks or so, I didn't really bother them much about it, the salesman updated me at the end of each week...then went out for surgery. And once I started getting anxious, I was going to call and find out the VIN so that I could track its progress. But that was when the sales manager told me it had been built and was expected June 27-28. So I didn't bother to ask. So I'm sure there IS a VIN...

At the very least, the sales manager should have no problem giving you the VIN, if there is one. Then you can track it yourself.

No way treat a customer.