Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Power folding mirrors

mirrors rearview power

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 MKZ16

MKZ16

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBrooklyn
  • My MKZ's Year:2016
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ 2016

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:39 AM

Just got my 2016 MKZ, loving it to the fullest.  For some reason I could swear that my I first parked the car, the mirrors auto folded in like on my MKC.  Now to fold them in and out I have to manually hit the switch on the door panel.  Called up Lincoln and they had no info on this.  I park the car on the street sometimes so it gets to be a drag having to hit the switch every time, especially if I shut the car first by accident since the switch only works with them engine running

Can anyone confirm that the power folding mirrors should auto fold (or not auto fold)

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 397 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationNorth Texas
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Super Crew Ecoboost

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:37 PM

No clue, but have you checked the settings using the steering wheel buttons?  Seems like a logical place to start.

#3 bobhamb

bobhamb

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKZ Black Label AWD 3.7, Jaguar F-type S8, Ducati Diavel

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:42 AM

I also have a 2016 with power folding mirrors and the dealer I talked to says they don't have a fix for making them autofold like the new MKC. I thought there would be a module from the MKC I could plug in, but they said no.I also thought it was dumb on Lincoln's part to excude this feature. I've forgot to fold out the mirrors a couple of times after driving off at night. It seems dangerous to have to unfold your mirrors while you need them at that moment. My other car'so mirrors autofold and they work fine. I can't see why you would not want them folded when you lock the doors.
I also bought an autofolding module on-line hoping to retrofit it, but when I opened up the door panel, there where too many logic wires and remote wiring to hook it up. If I had a wiring schematic, I might be able to do something.

#4 MKZ16

MKZ16

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ 2016

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:00 AM

That's what I figured.  Defiantly agree with you bobhamb its dangerous and also stupid they would leave this feature out but then again the absence of sync3 pisses me off more then this.  (that's why I lease)  Maybe my 2019 will have this fixed.... :lol:

#5 miahjera04

miahjera04

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKZ

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:12 PM

No autofold feature on our cars, gotta hit the button.

#6 Andrew L

Andrew L

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationSt. Petersburg, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKZ Hybrid Reserve

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:58 AM

I had a 15 loaner when I brought my car in for service and it had the power fold which I thought was pretty neat.  Wonder if we can add it to a 13.

• Alicia Marie likes this

#7 blumagic

blumagic

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ 3.7 V6

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:46 PM

My 2016 MKZ has the power fold mirrows but they don't fold away automatically ....

Edited by blumagic, 28 December 2015 - 10:13 PM.

#8 bobhamb

bobhamb

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:26 AM

My 2016 has power folding mirrors. But like most other vehicles(including the MKC), they are not automatic power folding. It doesn't seem very safe. Read my first post on this.

#9 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label Hybrid

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:49 AM

I also thought it was dumb on Lincoln's part to excude this feature.

I completely agree with you. Lincoln says they want customers to have an excellent ownership experience filled with luxury and convenient features. If so, I'm really hoping they include  ​auto p​ower folding mirrors on the 2017 Lincoln MKZ, just like it is on the 2016 MKC and MKX. I'm also hoping they include approach detection with the welcome mat and Lincoln logo...also like on the 2016 MKC and MKX. Does anybody know about any of that for 2017? I've been searching, but haven't seen anything online yet.

#10 drummo87

drummo87

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationScottsdale, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Lincoln MKZ 2.0L EcoBoost

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:09 PM

I just bought a used 2013 MKZ - I know, I'm behind the times from most of you guys. I can't figure out how to get my mirrors to fold. I looked through the steering wheel left buttons & didn't see anything on there about the mirrors? Any help is greatly appreciated (just upgraded from my 09 Galant). Did I miss the option? The dealership guy said they folded in but I'm stumped (and/or just dumb)...

#11 R2D2

R2D2

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 190 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, FL
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZh

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:50 PM

I just bought a used 2013 MKZ - I know, I'm behind the times from most of you guys. I can't figure out how to get my mirrors to fold. I looked through the steering wheel left buttons & didn't see anything on there about the mirrors? Any help is greatly appreciated (just upgraded from my 09 Galant). Did I miss the option? The dealership guy said they folded in but I'm stumped (and/or just dumb)...

Welcome to the forum - It is not on the 2013 or 2014, you have to manually fold them

R2D2

Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

#12 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:36 PM

Power folding mirrors didn't become a feature until 2015 model year.
  • R2D2 likes this

#13 drummo87

drummo87

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationScottsdale, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Lincoln MKZ 2.0L EcoBoost

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:58 PM

Well that answers it... Thanks guys!

Are there any upgrades that can be downloaded to a 2013 to enhance the sync on it? Not the mirror feature obviously but upgraded navigation, stuff like that?

#14 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 973 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:14 AM

Register your car at sync my ride where you can check to see if there's an update for your vehicle.  Map updates are available at your expense.  These are threads on these topics on the forums.  When you have questions, please use the Search function at the top of the page first.

#15 bobhamb

bobhamb

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:12 AM

I see the 2017 MKZ does have auto-folding mirror options. The service rep told me there is probably no fix for 2016 or older.
I wish somebody that really knows about this could tell me if it could be done or not.

#16 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:19 PM

I see the 2017 MKZ does have auto-folding mirror options. The service rep told me there is probably no fix for 2016 or older.
I wish somebody that really knows about this could tell me if it could be done or not.

I don't know. But I doubt it. Power folding mirrors were introduced on the 2015. Then starting with the 2017, they were ​auto power folding, as you enter/exit the vehicle. I'm sure some gadget genius who knows how to modify the car's computer might be able to figure it out. But I doubt Ford/Lincoln is going to devote time/resources to develop an "official" upgrade for these older models.

• JoeBrown likes this

#17 bobhamb

bobhamb

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:10 PM

I agree. I was hoping that it could be as simple as changing a module. Since the power mirrors and the unlock door feature are in the same wiring harness, the upgrade could be (and maybe used already) on the upgraded models of our vehicle.
The dealer probably wouldn't waist their time with these issues and some concerns of owners.

#18 bobhamb

bobhamb

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:13 PM

I did notice that these 2017 models still have the push buttons to manually bring the mirrors in and out.

#19 DeeCee

DeeCee

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationHot Springs Village, Arkansas
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:20 PM

My 2017 MKZ Hybrid has auto, power folding mirrors. They fold when you exit the car and lock it. They unfold when you get back in the car and start.

I had an issue with the folding mirrors when shortly after entering a busy interstate highway, the mirrors suddenly folded. In my opinion this is a big safety issue. Try driving on a busy interstate at 70MPH with no side mirrors! I was able to safely exit the interstate and once parked, I tried several restarts but the mirrors stayed folded. I finally had to manually unfold the mirrors and fortunately they remained in the usable unfolded position after that. They no longer fold when the car is locked. I have an appointment with the dealer next week to have them checked and repaired. When I made the appointment at the dealer, the service advisor said that this is the first they have heard of the mirrors folding on their own while the vehicle is being driven. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

#20 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:31 AM

My 2017 MKZ Hybrid has auto, power folding mirrors. They fold when you exit the car and lock it. They unfold when you get back in the car and start.

I had an issue with the folding mirrors when shortly after entering a busy interstate highway, the mirrors suddenly folded. In my opinion this is a big safety issue. Try driving on a busy interstate at 70MPH with no side mirrors! I was able to safely exit the interstate and once parked, I tried several restarts but the mirrors stayed folded. I finally had to manually unfold the mirrors and fortunately they remained in the usable unfolded position after that. They no longer fold when the car is locked. I have an appointment with the dealer next week to have them checked and repaired. When I made the appointment at the dealer, the service advisor said that this is the first they have heard of the mirrors folding on their own while the vehicle is being driven. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Never. I also have a 2017 MKZ Hybrid. While driving, the button that folds the mirrors is actually disabled...I've tried it many times. It only works if you're stopped or driving really, really, slowly...like pulling up to an ATM or a restaurant drive-thru window. I'm not sure what caused your problem, but I hope they fix it.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·