I just bought a 2008 MKZ and I love it however I noticed where it tells you the MPG your getting mine stays at 18.9MPG on other cars ive been in the car tells you the MPG its getting real time. For instance if you go down a hill it shows your MPG increasing. With the MKZ I have not noticed this so how is it basing its MPG? Also does anyone have any upgrades or anything that they have done with their MKZ to increase fuel economy. It is AWD just for your information. I believe that 18.9 MPG is on the lowest end from what ive read which is very discouraging.
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:14 AM
Welcome to the forum.
The MPG readout in the 2008 MKZ is not an instantaneous reading. It's a running average calculated over the last 500 miles driven.
Average fuel economy (AFE)
Select this function from the INFO
menu to display your average fuel
economy in miles/gallon or
Do you have an owner's guide? If not, you can download one here.
- JoeBrown likes this