Daytime Running Lights Activation- Michigan

I know of someone who charges $40 to activate the DRL's (Daytime Running lights) on the MKZ's. The DRL's are the fog lights on the bottom. Once activated, they will light up during the day. Looks pretty cool. Message me for info, thanks.

Edited by dchillspartan23

• 1 month later...

Is this a local mechanic or a Lincoln worker. Are you saying I could go to a non Lincoln dealer and get my DRLs turned on , because my Lincoln dealership  keeps telling me they can not do it , because the option was not put in when it was made , it is a 2013 Zh.  Jim

Is this a local mechanic or a Lincoln worker. Are you saying I could go to a non Lincoln dealer and get my DRLs turned on , because my Lincoln dealership  keeps telling me they can not do it , because the option was not put in when it was made , it is a 2013 Zh.  Jim

I would venture to say that your service tech is jerking you around.  I have a 2013 MKZh.    I bought it new in May 2013.  The DRL's were turned on by the dealership in roughly August 2013 - I asked about it when I took it in for some other service and he said "no problem".   I was not charged for doing it.   It seems like there were several threads and messages from Summer 2013 where folks were talking about it.  Some dealers did it free, others charged.  Some claimed they could not do it.  Eventually, it seemed that everyone who wanted it done, could get it done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I just purchased a 2016 MKZ, it doesn't have the DRL Feature. I just joined the forum and read these posts. Is it possible to turn this on? It doesn't state that anywhere in the manual as a option. Ant has any one done it themselves, if you can turn it on? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

robertsarge5, I am shocked that the 16 Z does not have the DRL as standard, after all the complaing we 2013 Z owners have done.  I have given up on it. I just called a Lincoln dealer an hour away , talked to the service manager , he had no idea what I was talking about , so now my dealer and this one have no clue on enabling the DRL. So I click the light switch once to turn the parking lights on during the day. Good luck , Jim

Hi Jim,

Yes, I didn't realize that it was not standard on the car, I thought by now all cars had them as standard. Oh well. Thank you Jim for the feed back, I'll probably end up doing some after market ones, and try to get it as close as the factory ones as I can.

I did battle with my dealer for almost a year trying to get them to turn on the DRL's for my 2013 MKZ.  Similar issues; service rep did not know anything about how to turn them on.  Then the dealer got a new service rep and magically he figured out how to have DRL's turned on.

I am trying to understand what has to be turned on. Is it something in the car's computer system or do they add a module or something ?

Nothing needs to be added.  It's just software reprogramming.  The technician turns the feature on in the SJB/BCM via the Ford Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS).  They usually charge $45-50 but some Lincoln dealers have been known to do it for free, especially if the car is in for other service.

You need to have a embedded modem to have that feature. If you have the technology package you have that feature.     

The embedded modem has nothing to do with DRLs.  The MKZ didn't have embedded modem available until the 2015MY.  Mine is a 2014 with the technology package and has owner-configurable DRLs.  I can turn them on or off using the information displays under the 'Lighting' sub-menu:

Lighting  Auto Highbeam  On or Off  Autolamp Delay  Select time interval  DRL On or Off 

Otherwise, the dealer can activate DRLs.  See above post.

The embedded modem enables you to remotely start, lock, unlock, locate and schedule a start via an Android app.

@Ford Online:

The Lincoln Motor Company, through the free MyLincoln Mobile™ app, is the first automotive brand to launch an available seamless integration with Now cards in the Google app, offering a new notification opportunity for Android smartphone users to remotely start their vehicle.

When connected via the embedded modem available on the 2015 Lincoln MKC and MKZ and coming to the 2016 Lincoln MKX, the MyLincoln Mobile app gives owners the ability to start, lock, unlock and locate their vehicle, as well as schedule remote starts.

The embedded modem enables you to remotely start, lock, unlock, locate and schedule a start via an Android app.

... or an iPhone app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mylincoln-mobile-official/id872543305?mt=8

It's fun to personalize that app, btw.  Like the Sync Destinations app, you can decide how it will address you.  I have mine say Good Morning Sexy....  :rockon:

Forum Members:

We currently have at least three separate threads WRT DRLs.  Several of these, among other lighting posts, were established in the 2013-2016 MKZ section of the forums.  When you are starting a topic, please attempt to do so in the appropriate section. For example, if you have a question about your climate control, post it in that section.  Also, please use the search function to see if the topic already exists.  There's no point in having multiple threads for the same topic.  It clutters up the forums and it's counterproductive.  I've moved all the lighting topics I've found so far in the general forums into the "Glass, Lenses, Lighting, Moonroof section, where they properly belong.

I'm going to try to get the site runner to turn on the "merge" function in the forum software so that all duplicate topics can be merged into one by the moderators.

I thank you for your cooperation,

Art. 

Edited by drolds1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They are white

Mine is 202A

You can't get the white DRLs on the Standard 100 package. I just contacted Lincoln Concierge and was advised. Pretty cheap of Lincoln...especially with all the Kia, Hyundai and little Hondas running around in my neighborhood with the cool white DRLs.