Sign in to follow this  
Chris109

Backup Camera Display

Don't know if this is common with these cars or not.  But on my 2017, when I put in reverse and the camera comes on, the display is so bright it basically is blinding in the interior of the car.  Is there a way to turn it down that I have missed?  And adjusting the dashboard lighting does not affect it.

Edited by Chris109

1 hour ago, Chris109 said:

Don't know if this is common with these cars or not.  But on my 2017, when I put in reverse and the camera comes on, the display is so bright it basically is blinding in the interior of the car.  Is there a way to turn it down that I have missed?  And adjusting the dashboard lighting does not affect it.

Hi Chris. What setting do you have the SYNC screen illumination set to in the SYNC settings?  Try setting it to AUTO, if you haven't already.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

2 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Chris. What setting do you have the SYNC screen illumination set to in the SYNC settings?  Try setting it to AUTO, if you haven't already.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Is that the setting under "Display"?  I just turned that all the way down.  I'll see what happens when it's dark outside.

It's supposed to go into NIGHT mode automatically when the headlights come on, unless that setting's been turned off.

On 11/7/2022 at 9:15 PM, drolds1 said:

It's supposed to go into NIGHT mode automatically when the headlights come on, unless that setting's been turned off.

The dashboard does but not the backup display.

3 hours ago, Chris109 said:

The dashboard does but not the backup display.

Hi Chris.Assuming the settings are the same on 2017 and 2018 models, try this (if you have not already done so): Go into the SYNC settings. Choose "Display". Set "Mode" to "AUTO" and and turn on "Autodim".

If that does not work (and assuming you do not have something covering the ambient light sensor on the dashboard), then there is likely some type of issue which will need deeper diagnosis.

Keep us updated and good luck.