• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
drolds1

No GPS Icon

This past Saturday evening, as I was driving in a completely open area, the "No GPS" message and icon appeared on the screen, yet the map was showing the correct area and movement, so I tried programming a destination.  That worked perfectly as well.  After I restarted at my destination, there was no message but after driving for a minute, it reappeared.  Everything was still working properly.  Yesterday, the message was permanently gone.  I checked GPS.gov and there were no  reported outages or glitches for Saturday.  Weird, just weird.🤔

Edited by drolds1

something went loose for a bit, sync freaked out ... sheep happen.  😎

Crazy, right?  At least if there was really no GPS when it said so,  but evrerything was working. 

Yea.... crazy... one would think you made it up....  😎

I've had situations when heavy clouds interfered with satellite connection.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:14 PM, drolds1 said:

This past Saturday evening, as I was driving in a completely open area, the "No GPS" message and icon appeared on the screen, yet the map was showing the correct area and movement, so I tried programming a destination.  That worked perfectly as well.  After I restarted at my destination, there was no message but after driving for a minute, it reappeared.  Everything was still working properly.  Yesterday, the message was permanently gone.  I checked GPS.gov and there were no  reported outages or glitches for Saturday.  Weird, just weird.🤔

Hi drolds1. I have never had this issue. At least not that I saw. I was going to mention possible outages, but you seem to have ruled that out (although I would guess brief/small outages could go undetected).

Have you checked with the Service Department at your Dealership to see if it may be a known issue (i.e. a failing SAT module/APIM/harness/connector etc.)?

Let us know how you find out and good luck.

10 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi drolds1. I have never had this issue. At least not that I saw. I was going to mention possible outages, but you seem to have ruled that out (although I would guess brief/small outages could go undetected).

Have you checked with the Service Department at your Dealership to see if it may be a known issue (i.e. a failing SAT module/APIM/harness/connector etc.)?

Let us know how you find out and good luck.

No.  I haven't taken it in, since it was gone the next day and hasn't recurred.  Plus, the warning was apparently a false alarm since the map/nav worked perfectly.  If that hadn't been the case, I would have made a service appointment.  Hopefully, that won't happen.