Ambient Lighting setting

Just purchased 2015 Hybrid MKZ. I see the lighting strips around the interior of the car in which the Ambiant lighting would come from, BUT under the Settings---> Vehicle = No Option to select.

WHY!!! One of the awesome features is that lighting. AM I MISSING SOMETHING ? :worship:

This is your third post for the same thing.  Please, no double (triple) posting.  It's unnecessary, clogs up the forums and confuses those who wish to reply.  I've removed the other two threads.  This one remains in the appropriate forum.

Are you certain your car came with ambient lighting?  You have to have at least the 'Select' package (200A).  If you definitely are supposed to have ambient lighting and can't access it in Vehicle Settings, then you need to have a Lincoln dealer reprogram your IP. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well, despite the reprogramming and having no issues for a while, the ambient lighting is, again, reverting to white.  It has to go back for the steering rack bolts recall and the trunk opener issue, so they'll have to look into this.

Anyone else that had the TSB performed having the issue again?

I finally got around to taking the car in for the steering rack bolts recall, trunk closer issue and repeat ambient lighting fix.  It was also due for a oil change.  In the interim since my last service, a new issue developed.  One day, I leaned over to the right to get my wallet out of left back pocket when something in the seat went  "pop" and the right side seat bolster moved back.  From that time on, whenever I put pressure on that part of the seat, the bolster would move. They ordered a new seat back which has come in but I've had to cancel two appointments due to snow.

Anyway, in the process of correcting the ambient lighting issue, they once again deleted our paired phones along with all our previous destinations and favorites in the nav system.  Worse than that, however, they somehow erased my key fobs!  Apparently, the lot attendant couldn't start my car so he called my (long standing) SA who had to start the car using the emergency procedure.  The "No Fob Detected" message was displaying.  He thought that the fob battery might be dead but I told him that we never even use that fob.  He said to take the car home and see if the other fob worked.  It did not.  All the fob functions worked WRT to locking and unlocking.  Even remote start worked, but that was no help, as you couldn't get the car out of Park because the fob could not communicate with the instrument cluster. You could only drive the car by using the emergency procedure.   He told me to bring the car back the next day.  Of course, the next  morning, as I was heading back to the dealer, every thing was back to normal. No message and the car started normally. I called back to cancel my appointment.  We had some errands to do and the first time I shut the car off I got the message again.  By this time it was later in the afternoon and when I called the SA back, he told me to bring the car back the next day.  I had no problem with this but my wife was freaking out since she had to go somewhere the next day and was afraid.  So he told me I could drop the car off but there were no Lincoln loaners available and he'd have to get me a rental. I'd had a brand new MKX with 150 miles on it.  I ended up with a Dodge Dart. What a POS!  No wonder they can't sell them and FCA is killing it.  They reprogrammed the fobs and all is well.  I know they were really pissed at the tech that originally worked on the car because I had to come back but he swore it started normally when he was done working on it.

The upshot of all this is that the ambient lighting started reverting to white again after about two weeks.  The car goes back next week.  The saga continues.  More to come.

I finally got around to taking the car in for the steering rack bolts recall, trunk closer issue and repeat ambient lighting fix.  It was also due for a oil change.  In the interim since my last service, a new issue developed.  One day, I leaned over to the right to get my wallet out of left back pocket when something in the seat went  "pop" and the right side seat bolster moved back.  From that time on, whenever I put pressure on that part of the seat, the bolster would move. They ordered a new seat back which has come in but I've had to cancel two appointments due to snow.

Anyway, in the process of correcting the ambient lighting issue, they once again deleted our paired phones along with all our previous destinations and favorites in the nav system.  Worse than that, however, they somehow erased my key fobs!  Apparently, the lot attendant couldn't start my car so he called my (long standing) SA who had to start the car using the emergency procedure.  The "No Fob Detected" message was displaying.  He thought that the fob battery might be dead but I told him that we never even use that fob.  He said to take the car home and see if the other fob worked.  It did not.  All the fob functions worked WRT to locking and unlocking.  Even remote start worked, but that was no help, as you couldn't get the car out of Park because the fob could not communicate with the instrument cluster. You could only drive the car by using the emergency procedure.   He told me to bring the car back the next day.  Of course, the next  morning, as I was heading back to the dealer, every thing was back to normal. No message and the car started normally. I called back to cancel my appointment.  We had some errands to do and the first time I shut the car off I got the message again.  By this time it was later in the afternoon and when I called the SA back, he told me to bring the car back the next day.  I had no problem with this but my wife was freaking out since she had to go somewhere the next day and was afraid.  So he told me I could drop the car off but there were no Lincoln loaners available and he'd have to get me a rental. I'd had a brand new MKX with 150 miles on it.  I ended up with a Dodge Dart. What a POS!  No wonder they can't sell them and FCA is killing it.  They reprogrammed the fobs and all is well.  I know they were really pissed at the tech that originally worked on the car because I had to come back but he swore it started normally when he was done working on it.

The upshot of all this is that the ambient lighting started reverting to white again after about two weeks.  The car goes back next week.  The saga continues.  More to come.

If I remember correctly, when they did my "fix" they had to have both keys to reprogram... also, my door access codes where whipped out and the master code had changed. FYI.

If I remember correctly, when they did my "fix" they had to have both keys to reprogram... also, my door access codes where whipped out and the master code had changed. FYI.

I'd be OK with that if it was permanently fixed but it still isn't.  Oh, well; first world problems. ;)

snip......One day, I leaned over to the right to get my wallet out of left back pocket when something in the seat went  "pop" and the right side seat bolster moved back.  From that time on, whenever I put pressure on that part of the seat, the bolster would move. They ordered a new seat back which has come in but I've had to cancel two appointments due to snow.....snip

I had the exact same thing happen in my 2014.... seems that the seat back frames are not very strong

Edited by R2D2

Did you have it repaired?

This is not very confidence inspiring for protection in rear end collisions.

There was an earlier recall for substandard seatback frames.  Hmmm......

Yes the dealer repaired it under warrantee. They never mentioned there was a recall involved and I never saw any notice about it. When it happened it did sound like a weld point broke free.

Yes the dealer repaired it under warrantee. They never mentioned there was a recall involved and I never saw any notice about it. When it happened it did sound like a weld point broke free.

Mine wasn't included in that recall and apparently, yours wasn't either.  It wasn't the same part that was failing but you can't help but wonder about their supplier for these parts in the first place.

Just bought a 2013 Certified MKZ and have a quick question about the ambient lighting.  The dealer asked me the color when we went over the cars features.  I had ambient lighting in my Fusion but the MKZ's ambient lighting stays on all the time at night.  The fusion would turn on only when opening and closing the doors.  Is the ambient lighting always on or is there a setting to make it turn off after a minute or two? 

Just bought a 2013 Certified MKZ and have a quick question about the ambient lighting.  The dealer asked me the color when we went over the cars features.  I had ambient lighting in my Fusion but the MKZ's ambient lighting stays on all the time at night.  The fusion would turn on only when opening and closing the doors.  Is the ambient lighting always on or is there a setting to make it turn off after a minute or two? 

I don't know what you had in your Fusion but true ambient lighting is either on or off, controlled via 'Settings.'  When you open a front door in the MKZ, the lighting strip will change from whatever it's set on to red. When you shut the car off, it'll turn white then shut off when you open the door or the accessory delay shuts it off.  The whole point of ambient lighting is to be on all the time.  See this video.

• 1 month later...

Update

I took the car back in to get the broken seatback replaced and to give them another shot at a permanent fix for the ambient lighting.  They kept the car for four days as they said they couldn't figure out the lighting issue.  I don't really know what they tried this time but it again reverted to white the other day.  I'm done.  Whenever it reverts to white I'll just pick a new color and go about my business.  Each color lasts 2-3 weeks before it turns white again. Not that big of a deal but IDK why I have the only one they can't fix.