• Custom Search

Is the buyer supposed to get a copy of the CPO checklist?

1 hour ago, shtaka said:

Is the buyer supposed to get a copy of the CPO checklist?

Hi shtaka. I have never purchased a CPO vehicle, but my educated guess would be yes, the buyer should receive a copy of the checklist.

Ask your Dealer for a copy.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

13 minutes ago, drolds1 said:

Here's a copy of the checklist you should have received.

So you say yes, I should have received one?

At the bottom of the checklist :

ORIGINAL: Dealer Copy 1: Service Dept. Copy 2: Owner

22 minutes ago, drolds1 said:

At the bottom of the checklist :

Good catch! Thanks

A copy is one thing. Was it really performed is another.

My MKZ is a CPO. Everything checked out per the paper report but I went back to them showing the following:

1. Empty coolant reservoir

2. Empty windshield wiper fluid

3. Musty cabin air filter that broke into half when I removed them

4. Very dark engine air filter

5. I ask for an oil change because the report said it was replaced two months before purchase (driven 37 miles) but the oil was very dark when checked

Being a CPO is good coz it effectively provides coverage to a used vehicle but it is not a guarantee that everything checks out.

Good luck with your new vehicle.

4 hours ago, kramf411 said:

A copy is one thing. Was it really performed is another.

My MKZ is a CPO. Everything checked out per the paper report but I went back to them showing the following:

1. Empty coolant reservoir

2. Empty windshield wiper fluid

3. Musty cabin air filter that broke into half when I removed them

4. Very dark engine air filter

5. I ask for an oil change because the report said it was replaced two months before purchase (driven 37 miles) but the oil was very dark when checked

Being a CPO is good coz it effectively provides coverage to a used vehicle but it is not a guarantee that everything checks out.

Good luck with your new vehicle.

Unfortunately, you're not the first to lodge this complaint.

Dealer had my car for a week to replace a piece of trim between the windshield and pano roof. I asked 3 times about a copy of the CPO checklist and, of course, when I got the car back this morning, no checklist. Just hung up with Concierge. They contacted dealer and I am awaiting a call back.

20 hours ago, shtaka said:

Dealer had my car for a week to replace a piece of trim between the windshield and pano roof. I asked 3 times about a copy of the CPO checklist and, of course, when I got the car back this morning, no checklist. Just hung up with Concierge. They contacted dealer and I am awaiting a call back.

Good you are standing firm. Dealers need to know customers expect them to perform to the requirements.

Heard back from dealer. Checklist is 🙄in the mail!

Also queried the Concierge about the open recall on my car that pops up on the Lincoln app. I understand that it doesn't apply to my car so no real urgency, but I would like for them to turn alert off. Must be done by dealer, so my question is, why didn't they turn it off during CPO inspection? Lazy, poor quality control or maybe they never did the CPO check?

Minor issue, yes, but I'm starting to really resent poor service. Must be getting crankier as I get older.

I'm pretty sure my checklist was pencil-whipped, but at the time I purchased, I was more interested in getting a CPO for the lower finance rate.  I'll be out of CPO warranty in July.