• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
esqueue

Really looking into upgrading from 11 speaker to revel 14 speaker

I finally got my wiring diagram which fortunately includes both Fusion and MKZ which is great. I plan on adding the Sony amplifier which should be more simple to install and allow me to use the ACM with HD radio that I've already purchased. There are FORScan settings to enable the Sony amplifier.  The only delay will be getting and possibly 3D printing harness connectors as I don't plan on cutting any existing wires. A double male shielded USB mini cable will do for the A2B signal transfer. I'll need to get a few harness plugs and I may be able to come by everything but the existing sub woofer harness which should be fairly easy to replicate. 

My current non HD Radio ACM has a 5 channel amplifier and 2 fixed subwoofer outputs going to a seperate amp amp.
1. Left Front Full Range & Tweeter

2. Right Front Full Range & Tweeter

3. Instrument Dash Panel Speaker

4. Left Rear Full Range & Tweeter

5. Right Rear Full Range & Tweeter.

External amplifier

6. Rear Left 6 x 9

7. Rear Right 6 X 9

The Sony amp from the Fusion is 10 channels and requires wiring to two front tweeters and a new rear center speaker which needs to be added.
1. Left Front Full Range

2. Left Front Tweeter

3. Right Front Full Range

4. Right Front Tweeter

5. Instrument Dash Panel Speaker

6. Left Rear Full Range & Tweeter

7. Right Rear Full Range & Tweeter

8. Rear Left 6 x 9

9. Rear Right 6 X 9
10. Center Rear Speaker

I'm now looking for ACM Male and Female CS4821A, CS4821B (Possibly made for the Fusion)

Sony 16 pin Male C4326A and C4326B (I'll ask a Junkyard on ebay to cut this)
Current woofer 2ch amp female connectors C466A, C466B (these will most likely have to be 3D printed)

Double check the wiring diagram. It looks like the Fusion with Sony Amp/DSP only has 6 channels and the ACM still has 4 onboard channels. See page 132-8 for connector C240A.

Junkyard is probably a good place to source the connectors.

16 minutes ago, TomV said:

Double check the wiring diagram. It looks like the Fusion with Sony Amp/DSP only has 6 channels and the ACM still has 4 onboard channels. See page 132-8 for connector C240A.

Junkyard is probably a good place to source the connectors.

You are correct. The ACM still controls the front and rear center speakers and front tweeters. It also seems that the AMP connections from many older Ford and Lincoln vehicles will work. They have a third plug that was replaced by the digital connection on the newer vehicles. Thanks for the catch. 

Edited by esqueue

@TomVIn your picture below, I see a hole between the two 6x9 holes. Do you assume that it is the same hole that the 12 speaker Fusion uses to mount a 3.5" speaker? I assume that all the main frame is shared between the Fusion. Thanks.