• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
jm98

SYNC 3 - upgrade costs

Greetings,

Looking to upgrade my 14 Mkzh SYNC 2 to newer 17+ SYNC 3.  

I seen SYNC 3 kit prices between $670 up to $1300.  Any experiences with cheaper one from Chyna?   Some kits now sell for $900 range not sure if it's going to go down any further.  My current budget is $500 and under due to age of my vehicle.  Please post here any deals here.

I personally would not trust the China ones... they are known (maybe not all) to fudge what you are getting.  ((as an example) they will tell you it's a APIM from a 2017 that came with with 3.4, but that year would not have) 

In the long run you are better to go to a wrecking yard and get one from there and then either install it yourself, or pay to get it in  and pay the fee to up date the 'software'.

There are company's that sell it all ready to go, but for $1400 or more... kinda worth it if you don't want to mess with it., other than the install

car-part.com

and (tho it's getting old, but it is still full of good info and a lot of recent stuff

http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=3881

Dan knows his stuff

I am ruling out Chyna sellers.

Any experience with the one from California sellers around $950 with all kit needed for upgrade?

Also, would it be just better to wait for SYNC 4.0 and see what's out there in market?

3 hours ago, jm98 said:

Any experience with the one from California sellers around $950 with all kit needed for upgrade?

Also, would it be just better to wait for SYNC 4.0 and see what's out there in market?

Hi jm. Upgrading to SYNC 4, if it will ever be eventually possible at all (let alone a reasonable cost), will entail replacing much more than a SYNC 3 upgrade. And it obviously will not be available as a factory upgrade, only as a third party/aftermarket upgrade (again, if ever at all).

The truth is, no one can answer, if/when/how/the cost for a SYNC 4 upgrade, as SYNC 4 has not even/barely been released. Anyone who states otherwise is simply taking a wild guess. So if you really wish to upgrade, I would recommend finding the hardware to upgrade to SYNC 3, 3.3 or 3.4.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
Added information.

1 hour ago, jm98 said:

I shopped around for a while... found good prices (at that time) and jumped in... 1st time I think I spent 800 to go from S2 to S3, that included the APIM , ACM (radio), USB port... programming... but I was doing a 2013

Then my 2018 was cheaper because I did less... I just went from S3 without Nav to S3 with Nav... spent about 300

SYNC 4 seems to be out of the question, at least until Ford or a 3rd part say something different... don't hold your breath... "IF" it happens, it will be years before someone cracks the code (so to say)

check ebay, and car-part.com for deals... todays prices are not as good as 1-2 years ago... more because those places seem to want to make more $$$ now.

Thank you! I will keep checking eBay for complete Sync3 kits. US only sellers.

Just a quick look on car-part.com for a 2018 Fusion (in the TV area) , some for 150-300