• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
2sickMKZs

Tinted Tail Lights & Shaved Emblems

Decided to tint my tail lights, 3rd brake light & all 4 reflectors. Thought darker tail lights would match a little better with the panoramic glass roof. After I finished with the tint, went ahead and shaved all the emblems off the rear. I think it gives the car a much cleaner look overall. My wife asked me why I was tinting my tail lights but once she saw the finished product, she understood why. Contemplating tinting the headlights but still unsure if I want to do so. 

It only took me about 1 1/2 hours to tint everything and shave the emblems. I purchased VViViD Air-Tint Smoke Black Gloss Vinyl Headlight Foglight Transparent Tint Wrap Self-Adhesive from Amazon. Very easy to install. Does not affect light output either. To shave the emblems, i used a heat gun, Goo Gone & Dremel with polishing tip. I'm happy with the end result. 

20200803_232012.jpg

20200713_180049.jpg

20200714_231419.jpg

img1596473296323.jpg

img1595555607450.jpg

Looks good! I probably wouldn't have done the rear reflectors... they are there for safety.

Looks nice, but how will people know that it isn't a Hyundai or Toyota, maybe even an Impala? Don't know how I'd find mine in low light if it didn't say Lincoln across the back.

MKZ has a unique style it can not be confused. 😊

18 hours ago, Multitask said:

Yugo - Wikipedia

Ok, now I can see the similarity.🤔

3 hours ago, Izzy3906 said:

Ok, now I can see the similarity.🤔

NOT... heheheh