• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Multitask

MKZ - Normal - Sport - Comfort settings

I'm sure it has been discussed here.. but I thought I would bring it up again.

Does anyone know that actual things that each setting does?

I don't feel much between Normal and Comfort, while Sport seems a stiffer ride and better for corners...

BUT, I would like to know the technical differences for each...  😎

1 hour ago, Multitask said:

I'm sure it has been discussed here.. but I thought I would bring it up again.

Does anyone know that actual things that each setting does?

I don't feel much between Normal and Comfort, while Sport seems a stiffer ride and better for corners...

BUT, I would like to know the technical differences for each...  😎

Hi Multitask. Not sure exactly what "technical differences" you are looking for, but this Lincoln video explains the Lincoln Drive Control system: https://owner.lincoln.com/support/how-tos/safety/driver-assist-technology/driving/lincoln-drive-control-for-smooth-responsive-handling.html#

Good luck.

NOpe, that is not what I'm looking for...

I want to know the specific things each mode is doing...

Like in Sport mode it seems that it's making the steering a bit harder as well as the shocks... where Comfort seems softer... but I want to know things like

is the car suspension going up or down (lower to the ground etc...) for each mode, things like that....

I've also noticed that the seats seem to change too... so I just want to know all the things each mode is doing... the more I know, the more I can understand what each mode is doing.  😎

2 hours ago, Multitask said:

NOpe, that is not what I'm looking for...

I want to know the specific things each mode is doing...

Like in Sport mode it seems that it's making the steering a bit harder as well as the shocks... where Comfort seems softer... but I want to know things like

is the car suspension going up or down (lower to the ground etc...) for each mode, things like that....

I've also noticed that the seats seem to change too... so I just want to know all the things each mode is doing... the more I know, the more I can understand what each mode is doing.  😎

Hi Multitask. "NOpe, that is not what I am looking for...so I just want to know all the things each mode is doing..." lol.  Gee, that was a bit abrupt...you're welcome. 🤣  Would you like one of us to chauffeur you too?  Just joking with you. 🤣 

Did you watch the entire video? The second half explains the Lincoln Drive Control system and what the settings do to the suspension, engine noise etc.

It doesn't do any more than than what the video explains. You can also find more explanations by "Googling" Lincoln Drive Control.

What the settings do is not all that technical. So to answer some of your other questions: No, it does not raise or lower the suspension. And no, it does nothing to the seats.

And yes, "Sport"  is "making the steering a bit harder as well as the shocks... where Comfort seems softer...".

"Comfort" = The softest and floatiest suspension setting, with easier steering effort. Think of it as the Baby Bear setting. Not as floaty and soft as an old time Town Car, but floatier than "Normal" or "Sport".

"Normal" = The middle ground in suspension and steering assist stiffness. Think of it as the Mama Bear settings. Or as Lincoln describes it in the video...''The Signature Lincoln Driving Feel".

"Sport" = The stiffest suspension setting and stiffest steering assist. Louder synthesized engine noises, possibly altered transmission shift strategy (not sure about that in a Hybrid) Think of it as the Papa Bear setting.

So to give a bit more detailed but still basic explanation concerning the suspension: Lincoln Drive Control simply stiffens or softens the suspension according to what setting is chosen. So the "Handling in D" part of the settings for "Comfort", "Normal" and "Sport do the following when the vehicle is in "D":

If you choose "Sport", the suspension will be stiffer than the "Normal" setting.

If you choose "Comfort", the suspension will be softer than the "Normal" setting.

The "Comfort", "Normal" and "Sport" settings also alter the EPAS (Electric Power Assisted Steering). There will be more assist in "Comfort" than in "Normal". So the steering wheel will be easier to turn.

There will be less power steering assist in "Sport" than "Normal". So the steering wheel will be harder to turn in "Sport".

If your Hybrid has configurable settings for "Performance in D" and "Performance in S" like our 2.0T and 3.0T's (you have previously stated you do not have some of those settings), it will also give you choices that alter the engine/transmission shift parameters. "Sport" will hold gears longer, delay or even lock out overdrive etc. But your Hybrid does not have all those settings.

As the video mentions, the settings also control the synthesized engine sounds via the Active Noise Control system.

Your Hybrid does not have some of these settings, since it is aimed at MPG/fuel conscious drivers.

I can also mention that the suspension damping in "Comfort", "Normal" and "Sport" are quite noticeably different in my 3.0T. My MKZ is noticeably floatier over bumps when in "Comfort" mode. And noticeably stiffer and more controlled over bumps in "Sport" mode. "Normal" essentially splits the difference.

But again, according to your previous posts, it seems the MKZ Hybrids have fewer driver configurable "Performance" settings for "Sport" mode than our 3.0T's, but more alternative settings for MPG/Fuel Economy related concerns.. Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Yup, that is what I was looking for.  😎

Yea, the Hybrid does not have some of the 'features' that are mentioned, and I figured the video was more toward the 3.0T anyway.

I find it funny that when you want more info about the seats, they give you a video about the Continental .. Helllooo Ford, I have a MKZ!!!  😎