Jump to content
   
  • Custom Search


Sign in to follow this  
Viking

Should my trunk lid open fully, automatically?

Recommended Posts

Hi all.  Should my trunk lid open up fully with the pressure of the struts, or are they just to dampen movement both opening and closing?  Mine does not open all the way, so do I need new struts?  It unlocks but only moves about an eighth of an inch, just enough to get my fingers under it and open it.

 

The reason I do not know is that this is the first sedan I have ever owned with struts instead of the spring things.

Edited by Viking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
   
2 hours ago, Viking said:

Hi all.  Should my trunk lid open up fully with the pressure of the struts, or are they just to dampen movement both opening and closing?  Mine does not open all the way, so do I need new struts?  It unlocks but only moves about an eighth of an inch, just enough to get my fingers under it and open it.

 

The reason I do not know is that this is the first sedan I have ever owned with struts instead of the spring things.

 

Hi Viking. Your car trunk is working normally. The struts do not open the trunk on 2006-2012 models. They only hold the trunk lid open once you manually lift it.

 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saved me $50 + bbf2530.  Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Viking said:

Just saved me $50 + bbf2530.  Thank you.

 

🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now they can afford the TP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Multitask said:

Now they can afford the TP

 

Is this an indication that you think my question was crap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Viking said:

 

Is this an indication that you think my question was crap?

 

Full of what?   😎

 

 

Edited by Chris109

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Viking said:

 

Is this an indication that you think my question was crap?

 

<rolls eyes>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Multitask said:

 

<rolls eyes>

 

X9zeHL1.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×