• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Gumbyman

Sun shade will not operate

Hello . 

I am new to this site and I thank you for the add. I purchased a 2013 MKZ last fall and really love the car.  The other day an issue with the retracting sunshade devleoped. It started to retract and went about 8 inches then stopped. If I tried to close it, it would move forward about an inch the return to its stuck position. I was able to get it to totally retract by holding the button and pushing on it. when I try to close it it still cycles forward an inch and back. The pano roof operates fine. I have found info for the roof not operating correctly but nothing on the sunshade. Any thoughts?

I'll assume you mean the sunshade on the back window... hmm.. havnt heard of that one...

here are things to look for

something blocking it

maybe like the windows hold the button up (or down) for 10 seconds... for the door windows that helps with the auto up/down

worst case, something from the button to the shade is failing.... 

I am referring to the shade/curtain that retracts in the roof when you want to open the Panoramic sunroof. It does try to retract on its own but seems like the actuators dont have enough power unless i help it.

ah  i just have the normal sunroof...