Jump to content
   
  • Custom Search


Recommended Posts

Well.. the gas prices thing is what Sirius is sending... so it could be signal...

 

I have an iPod Touch for music, and never talk to it , I just let it play

 

I can test the browse feature... tomorrow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
   

Ty for hanging in there with me.  i really appreciate your guidance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tested it briefly yesterday....

had to go for gas prices... and 2 out of 4 had them....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 12:00 PM, jay2019 said:

Hello.  I've tried to pinpoint the issues i'm concerned about, but it is difficult to do so.  sync is just now unpredictable in some instances.  i can say that the browse feature is not in order in either voice or touch, and i do believe they worked fine in 3.3. now browse displays "browsing not available" when the button is touched and with voice, inconsistent responses occur.  this may not be terrible, but I like all things to work!  regarding sat, i called sirius and they refreshed; however, the fuel price screen still does not work (it gives me gas station choices but prices do not show) and when i ask to browse the sirius channel guide, the display says acquiring channels and then says not available--try again later.  again, not terrible, but just not working like before.  with usb music, voice will say choose from the list and then not show a list.  anyway, these r a few of the issues i've noticed.

 

I called lincoln tech and they said that they r aware of problems with the 3.4 update.  (i don't know if that means just for my VIN or across the board--r any of u having any issues similar to mine?)  they said that the problem was the lack of a package for voice commands and voice feedback.  i don't know if those things are causing all of my issues or not.  she said that they r working on a fix.  she had no idea when that would be released.  what is your experience with waiting for a fix like this? she said i couldn't go back to 3.3. 🙁  my dealership knows nothing about the problem.

 

i won't be updating maps until i get 3.4 fixed.

Jay2019:

 

Did you get a solution to your USB music browsing problem? My car updated to SYNC 3.4 overnight (Automatic Update), and today I am no longer able to browse through my music collection on my USB, either through the screen or by using voice. Seems similar to the problem you are having. The only way I can access the files now is with the screen command "Explore Device", but that is cumbersome, and because it does not work with voice commands, a distraction while I am driving.

 

Frustrating.

 

I've tried two different USB sticks, both formatted FAT32, one a USB 3.0, one a USB 2.0, and with both sticks that functionality is gone. Worked fine before the update.

 

Anyone have an idea for a solution? I take it that it is not possible to restore back to SYNC 3.3, is that correct?

Edited by DrakeR
forgot detail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DrakeR said:

Jay2019:

 

Did you get a solution to your USB music browsing problem? My car updated to SYNC 3.4 overnight (Automatic Update), and today I am no longer able to browse through my music collection on my USB, either through the screen or by using voice. Seems similar to the problem you are having. The only way I can access the files now is with the screen command "Explore Device", but that is cumbersome, and because it does not work with voice commands, a distraction while I am driving.

 

Frustrating.

 

I've tried two different USB sticks, both formatted FAT32, one a USB 3.0, one a USB 2.0, and with both sticks that functionality is gone. Worked fine before the update.

 

Anyone have an idea for a solution? I take it that it is not possible to restore back to SYNC 3.3, is that correct?

 

Try doing a "reset of media index" or whatever the terminology is.  When you have something on the device playing, go to Settings on the home screen.  There should be a button for Media Player.  Scroll down and you will see something about resetting index.  I've had to do this a few times.  Depending on how many files you have, it may take a while.  It doesn't tell you it's doing it, but will tell you when it's done.  The notifications on screen are quick and you might miss them.  

 

Give it a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris109:

 

Excellent tip. The "Reset Index" command worked. Now I can "Browse Artist" again using voice commands.

 

Thank you very much.

 

Interestingly, you can no longer "Browse Artist" using the touchscreen while the car is in "Drive". Apparently, this update eliminated that option, due to driver distraction issues, I assume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DrakeR said:

Jay2019:

 

Did you get a solution to your USB music browsing problem? My car updated to SYNC 3.4 overnight (Automatic Update), and today I am no longer able to browse through my music collection on my USB, either through the screen or by using voice. Seems similar to the problem you are having. The only way I can access the files now is with the screen command "Explore Device", but that is cumbersome, and because it does not work with voice commands, a distraction while I am driving.

 

Frustrating.

 

I've tried two different USB sticks, both formatted FAT32, one a USB 3.0, one a USB 2.0, and with both sticks that functionality is gone. Worked fine before the update.

 

Anyone have an idea for a solution? I take it that it is not possible to restore back to SYNC 3.3, is that correct?

 

 

On 8/23/2020 at 8:34 AM, Multitask said:

I tested it briefly yesterday....

had to go for gas prices... and 2 out of 4 had them....

 

Ty.  i have been receiving this info off and on as well lately.

 

22 hours ago, DrakeR said:

Jay2019:

 

Did you get a solution to your USB music browsing problem? My car updated to SYNC 3.4 overnight (Automatic Update), and today I am no longer able to browse through my music collection on my USB, either through the screen or by using voice. Seems similar to the problem you are having. The only way I can access the files now is with the screen command "Explore Device", but that is cumbersome, and because it does not work with voice commands, a distraction while I am driving.

 

Frustrating.

 

I've tried two different USB sticks, both formatted FAT32, one a USB 3.0, one a USB 2.0, and with both sticks that functionality is gone. Worked fine before the update.

 

Anyone have an idea for a solution? I take it that it is not possible to restore back to SYNC 3.3, is that correct?

 

hello.  your issues seem similar to mine. i have not formatted my music usbs to fat32--is that necessary?  i know fat32 is necessary for the sync3 updates.

 

mine also worked fine before the update to 3.4.  and i was told by lincoln tech support that u cannot return to 3.3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chris109 said:

 

Try doing a "reset of media index" or whatever the terminology is.  When you have something on the device playing, go to Settings on the home screen.  There should be a button for Media Player.  Scroll down and you will see something about resetting index.  I've had to do this a few times.  Depending on how many files you have, it may take a while.  It doesn't tell you it's doing it, but will tell you when it's done.  The notifications on screen are quick and you might miss them.  

 

Give it a shot.

 

9 hours ago, DrakeR said:

Chris109:

 

Excellent tip. The "Reset Index" command worked. Now I can "Browse Artist" again using voice commands.

 

Thank you very much.

 

Interestingly, you can no longer "Browse Artist" using the touchscreen while the car is in "Drive". Apparently, this update eliminated that option, due to driver distraction issues, I assume.

 

Ty for posting this suggestion for a fix.  i will try it to see if it fixes any of my usb issues. i do think the update must have restricted some of the options for touch relative to browsing (and that seems to be true in Park also for me; and some of the voice commands are "different" as well, i think.  the strangest change is when u hear "select from the list" and no list appears!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jay2019 said:

 

 

Ty for posting this suggestion for a fix.  i will try it to see if it fixes any of my usb issues. i do think the update must have restricted some of the options for touch relative to browsing (and that seems to be true in Park also for me; and some of the voice commands are "different" as well, i think.  the strangest change is when u hear "select from the list" and no list appears!

 

I didn't actually try mine in "Park", I will later. The touchscreen "Browse Artist" did work when I had the car in Accessory mode, before I started the engine. In my car the voice commands for the USB are all now working as they did before, at least the ones that I use. I haven't checked any other voice commands.

 

In my car it is still allowing you to select from the touchscreen for the USB once you get past the "Browse Artist" command, so for example, once you input the artist name using a voice command, it will bring up a list of albums for that artist that are on the USB and you can select the album from the touchscreen, if you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DrakeR said:

I didn't actually try mine in "Park", I will later. The touchscreen "Browse Artist" did work when I had the car in Accessory mode, before I started the engine. In my car the voice commands for the USB are all now working as they did before, at least the ones that I use. I haven't checked any other voice commands.

 

In my car it is still allowing you to select from the touchscreen for the USB once you get past the "Browse Artist" command, so for example, once you input the artist name using a voice command, it will bring up a list of albums for that artist that are on the USB and you can select the album from the touchscreen, if you want.

 

the index reset did improve some of the functionality with usb browsing.  actually, it is hard to remember exactly how it was working with 3.3 now so i'll take whatever i can get!  both voice and touch browsing still seem to be inconsistent compared to my experience with 3.3.  the indexing action definitely needs to be done for each usb music device once the update to 3.4 is done.  Ty again for posting about this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2019 MKZ with sync 3.3 automatically updated to 3.4 last week.  It was probably connected to my WiFi with auto updates enabled.

 

While some of you might like this news, I'm not crazy about 3.4. I don't think the screens or backgrounds look good. All the round touch buttons don't seem to match with a luxury car. I feel it's more "game" like now and  I'm starting to wonder if I can change it back 3.3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 9:33 AM, TomV said:

My 2019 MKZ with sync 3.3 automatically updated to 3.4 last week.  It was probably connected to my WiFi with auto updates enabled.

 

While some of you might like this news, I'm not crazy about 3.4. I don't think the screens or backgrounds look good. All the round touch buttons don't seem to match with a luxury car. I feel it's more "game" like now and  I'm starting to wonder if I can change it back 3.3?

 

Hi Tom. All information I have seen so far states SYNC3.4 can not be rolled back to 3.3.

 

If anyone has different information to share, I am sure they will jump in.

 

EDIT - I am referring to official Lincoln/Ford methods of rolling SYNC 3.4 back to SYNC 3.3. I don't deal with unofficial, third party SYNC hacks.

 

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deleted

Edited by TomV
started new thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might have turned off the update, but also turn off the WiFi, that might also tell the modem to not update....

But then I though the Modem was not for updates, but rather the app telling your phone the details.... like tire pressure, oil life...etc...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, Lincoln Way downloads updates over LTE. See the information description below.

 

I understand most people will  be happy to receive automatic updates and security enhancements. The problem I have is the GUI sucks and they are forcing me to live with it at the expense of the Lincoln Way app.

28794C8E-8F68-4130-9569-395A20ACAFAB.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm.. did not know that it would do OS update via that modem...

I still have the 3 months/3gigs free, I think... unless there is a time frame to enable it.... don't want to pay for the 'HotSpot' feature...  😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deleted

Edited by TomV
started new thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deleted

Edited by TomV
started new thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomV said:

So even with Lincoln Way (Lincoln Connect) connectivity turned off, they pushed the friggin 3.4 update to me again.

 

Tonight the modem gets physically disconnected!

 

I will also be investigating if Forscan can shut off auto system updates, because someday I'd like to use Lincoln Connect again.

 

Hi Tom. I am not sure exactly what you have/have not tried already, so sorry if you have already mentioned these.

 

You can turn off "Automatic System Updates" in the SYNC settings.

 

Additionally, you can turn off WiFi and have your SYNC system "forget" your home WiFi network password. In that way, the SYNC system can not connect for updates.

 

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started a new thread, so members can continue to discuss v3.4 upgrade options here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×