Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Takeshi

2017 Black Label MKZ : To Keep or Not Keep : It's Breaking

Recommended Posts

Hi All My Username is Takeshi,

 

I have incepted a CPO 2017 Lincoln Black Label 3.0T AWD MKZ As of End of December 2018.

  • I have had nothing but ISSUES Since then. Lincoln Warranty, Lincoln Concierge, and my Local Dealership has helped me out greatly which I am very appreciative. However it is getting to that time. in 7 Months My original Warranty will expire and my CPO Warranty will take affect.
  • My Service advisor who has worked with my Since January of 2019 has advised me to get rid of it after the Original 50k / 4 Year Expires as the CPO will cost $100 for each warranty visit plus it might not fully cover all the parts and repairs.
  • As My vehicle is the top trim the parts are quite expensive and hard to come by for some averaging around 1-4k on Each Warranty repair for parts alone.
  • Thus I am wondering if I should move onto my next car before Warranty expires or keep on with this and pray for the best?

 

What are you guys's experience with your car and how often have you taken it in for Warranty? Below is a timeline of cost, parts, and warranty repair done to my vehicle for everyone's information and opinion on this current situation?

 

*Prices are full MSRP before any Discounts and Dealer prices markdown also are rounded for easier estimate Calculations *

 

January :

  • Leather Cracking (not just the veins, you can see the black spots below the Dye) :
    • Warranty Denied Saying it has been tampered with (my service advisor called B.S.) :
      • Took 2 Months for Parts Repairs Lincoln Concierge Helped out Ultimate Bill : $61
      • Leather Seat Back Cover : $1700 
      • Leather Seat Bottom Cover : $1200
  • Trunk Lid Button: Faded
    • Warranty Accepted : Replaced
      • LED Strip with Button $120

March: 

  • Leather Seat Cracking Passenger Side + Leather Fading on Both Passenger And Driver Door Handles
    • Warranty Accepted : Entire Driver & Passenger Door Panel and only Passenger bottom cover | Denied Passenger Back Leather Cover : (says seat looks fine)
      • Driver Door Panel : $4,000
      • Passenger Door Panel : $4000
      • Passenger Seat Bottom Cover : $1200

May-August

  • Rattling on Dash (it was annoying as hell) : Better Service Advisor Proposed to Redo Passenger Back Seat Cover due to Lament Being Shown.
  • Took one months to narrow down part by part 
  • Took 3 Months for Seat Cover to Arrive (on back order)
    • Warranty Accepted All : All the Rattling Panels and Diagnosis plus the Passenger Seat Cover Defectiveness
      • Entire Dash Cover Parts Replaced
      • Cluster Bezel Cover : $3,700
      • Right Top Panel Cover: $3,350
      • Top Of Dash Cover : $14 (surprisingly)
      • Speaker Grill (20 Speaker : $180
      • Passenger Back Cover : $1,700

September-October: 

  • Shift Panel Trim Fade : Mirror Squealing Sound : Trunk Creaking Sound : Lane Keep Assist Button Broken
    • Warranty Tried to Fix All
      • Shift Panel Bezel $250
      • Lubricated Mirror : $0: Stopped Squealing
      • Lubricated Trunk : $0 Still Creaking ...
      • Signal Switch Lane Keep Assist : $60

November til Middle of Jan

  • Back Roof Trim Panel Flew Off ( Yes a piece of my roof flew off on the freeway ...) 
  • Instrument Panel Auto LED is out or not functioning properly
  • Passenger Heated Seat  Blower Went out : Part is on Back Order
  • Now Driver Heated Seat Blower Went out Part is on Back Order
    • Warranty is Covering All Issues
      • Side Seal Roof : $147
      • Side Cover : $174
      • Radio Bezel AKA Instrument Panel : $3150

 

 

 

CURRENTLY: TO BE REPLACED

 

  • TOP Panel : $920
  • Finish Panel: $400
  • Blower Assembly : $124 x 2 = $128
  • Blower Motor : $163 x 2 = $326

 

To Be Determined Diagnosed Issues :

  • Heater Fan not blowing hot air when set to 69 : Ambient temperature outside anywhere from 40-65 : Settings set to the leg portion and front wind shield
    • Service Advisor states hot air blow as expected and working as expected might not me optimal for certain situations due to computer constantly adjusting.
  • Center Vent emitting water slushing and Gurgling noise when running heater when car is Idle or at a Stop
    • Service Advisor states swooshing noise is due to the fans spinning.
  • Rattling From Panel Covering Cup holders when panel is stowed away for Drinks
    • To be Replaced

 

 

Grand Total So Far in Parts Alone : $26599 : And Counting ...

Real Price Cost wit Discount : ($25279 * 0.7) = $18619.3

 

Labor Cost: X Hours x $150 an Hour : TBD if Ever.

 

 

Things Gotten Out of This:

 

  • Respect Your Service Advisor! Work with them they're Human beings too!
  • Lincoln Concierge is Splendid working with them always on Top of Cases.
  • I LOVE MY MKZ with It's Massaging Heated / Cooled Seats and 20 Speaker Revel System and Interior Venetian Leather and Design : But I Dunno if I can keep Visiting the Dealership : They know me on a monthly basis now.
  • I don't think I could pay for future repairs if they're not covered by Lincoln with parts costing this much.
  • Is this amount of problems only on Black Label MKZ's? Is THIS WHY THEY STOPPED Making them After 2018 !?!?!??!
  • To Sell it As Warranty Ends And Cut my losses
  •  Continue and hope for the best with $100 CPO Warranty repair visits? 

 

Thanks for Reading My breakdown and Rant!

 

  • Possible Future Cars
    • 2020 BMW M550i : Massage : Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Sound System : Butt Cooler / Heater : 0-60 in 3.5 | MPG 18/25 | Predicted Used 60k-70K
    • 2020 Audi S6 : Massage : Bang & Olufsen Advanced 3D Sound System : Butt Cooler / Heater : 0-60 in 3.9 | MPG 18/28 | Predicted Used 60k-70K
    • 2019-2020 Mercedes E53 : Massage : Burmeister High End 3D Sound System : Butt Cooler / Heater : 0-60 in 4.0 | MPG 21/28 | Used 65k-75k 
    • New 2021 Genesis G80 Massage : Lexicon Premium Sound System : Butt Cooler / Heater : 0-60  TBD | MPG TBD | new TBD
  • Super Vroom Cars
    • 2017-2020 BMW M5 / M5 Comp : Massage : Bowers & Wilkins Sound System : Butt Cooler / Heater : 0-60 in 2.8-2.9 | MPG 14/21 | 75K M5 -85k M5 Comp Used
    • 2020 C8 Z51 Chevrolet Corvette : Butt Cooler / Heater : Modern World Class Cockpit Interior Design : Mid Engine Design and Driving Dynamics like 911 : 0-60 in 2.8 | MPG 15/27 Predicted Z51 Used 50k-60K

 

 

 

Edited by Takeshi
Updating current issue progress and overall price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've used to believed Lincolns were great vehicles "if Leased"... because all the complicated systems would be very costly to maintain. 

 

Somehow I managed to ignore myself and I actually purchased a 2019 MKZ. I selected the 2.0T and FWD with slightly less options because of the long term maintenance. I'm a do-it-yourself-er that usually keeps my vehicles for 10 year stretches. I only have about 7K thus far and only minor annoyances.

 

As for your maintenance history, I'm very surprised all those interior items had failed. I would have expected wheel bearings, water pump, suspension bushings, struts and other such wear parts to be the problem. Maybe the interior degrading is due to the exclusive materials selected for the Black Label. Perhaps the fine end textures are not as UV resistant as the typical automotive grade materials. Is your vehicle stored outside or in a sun shine state? Maybe the prior owner did. Do you have Window tint for added UV protection? Do you use any type of special cleaning/conditioner products that might have reacted with materials?

 

Whatever your decision to keep or not, we understand. It's a bummer though, since you seem like a great person that contributes to this forum and we'd miss ya. Here's an idea, maybe trade it in on a newer MKZ 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Takeshi. Sorry to hear about all your problems and hope they can be taken care of to your satisfaction, so you do not need to sell your MKZ.

 

Just as an FYI on the differences between Black Label and other top trim MKZ's: There are no mechanical differences.

Essentially, the only differences are in interior trim, such as "better" leather for the seats, more leather material replacing vinyl on the doors/dash, and Alcantara (imitation suede) replacing the fabric headliner/A-B-C pillar material. And the wheels are Black Label exclusive.  Everything else is mechanically the same. Even the dash controls, buttons and door handles.. Then of course, there is the Dealer and after purchase experiences which differ. The Complementary Maintenance Plan and annual detailing (for the Warranty period), free "anytime" car washes etc.

 

The Black Label version of the MKZ was not eliminated due to problems or issues, it was simply eliminated due to the fact that as a model, the MKZ will be discontinued soon. When automakers are going to end production of a model, they often cut down the number of trim levels for cost saving reasons. So in this case, Lincoln dropped the Black Label trim level. In addition, if there is a mid-size Lincoln sedan replacement, it will be given a different name to fit Lincoln's new naming system. No more alphanumeric names, only real names such as Continental, Navigator, Nautilus, Corsair etc. So the MKZ will disappear as a model.

 

I realize none of this helps with your issues, but hopefully the information may hep you and others in general.

 

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Takeshi. I am also sorry to hear about all your MKZ issues. I bought a used 2017 and had a few issues of my own, but nothing like yours.

 

If it were me, I would not keep it beyond the original 50k / 4 Year warranty.  If you are interested in another Lincoln, my suggestion would be to call the Lincoln concierge and explain to them exactly what you have told us. They should also be able to look up all your visits to the dealer for repairs. I would ask them for a full retail trade in on your current model for a new/CPO newer one. 

 

Just a thought. Let us know what you end up doing.

Edited by Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi TomV

 

I am a part of the Sunny Golden state, but the Vehicle was in New Hampshire for the first 30,000 miles of its life. The Dealership probably masked the fading before it came to me. From there it was getting pretty bad. The Windows were not tinted before hand nor did the previous owner used any of his 4 Annual Detailing for the Black Label Interior and Exterior. Thus I believe the vehicle was not meticulously cared for and Dirt and SunRays breached into the Exotic material. I have Tinted the Windows myself after acquiring the vehicle. I also clean the new Leather Covers Monthly and put conditioner to not have the same fate occur again. (They get dirty and Veiny ridiculously quickly if you Daily it)

 

14 hours ago, TomV said:

Is your vehicle stored outside or in a sun shine state? Maybe the prior owner did. Do you have Window tint for added UV protection? Do you use any type of special cleaning/conditioner products that might have reacted with materials?

 

IF they ever make a new RWD Lincoln Sedan or Coupe I am down. As of currently I am soo not into the Aviator or CUV Hype Train. 

14 hours ago, TomV said:

Whatever your decision to keep or not, we understand. It's a bummer though, since you seem like a great person that contributes to this forum and we'd miss ya. Here's an idea, maybe trade it in on a newer MKZ 😉

 

Hi bbf2530,

 

Yeah it seems the used of Finer material infringes on the overall longterm Quality and Reliability as it might not have been fully thought out with fading and cracking on the materials too not include Window UV Resistant Glass from Factory, of to adjust for the various panel Fit and Finish structure.

 

9 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Just as an FYI on the differences between Black Label and other top trim MKZ's: There are no mechanical differences.

Essentially, the only differences are in interior trim, such as "better" leather for the seats, more leather material replacing vinyl on the doors/dash, and Alcantara (imitation suede) replacing the fabric headliner/A-B-C pillar material. And the wheels are Black Label exclusive. 

 

Hi Scott,

 

Yeah same thing with my service Advisor and he works for Ford Lincoln Dealership 🤦‍♂️. I will try and outreach to Concierge and if they can get understand the situation and get me a different new or CPO MKZ 3.0T/Hybrid or a used Aviator with Lux II Package for a Good price. 

 

5 hours ago, Scott said:

If it were me, I would not keep it beyond the original 50k / 4 Year warranty.  If you are interested in another Lincoln, my suggestion would be to call the Lincoln concierge and explain to them exactly what you have told us. They should also be able to look up all your visits to the dealer for repairs. I would ask them for a full retail trade in on your current model for a new/CPO newer one. 

 

Just a thought. Let us know what you end up doing.

 

 

 

Thanks for All the Reply and Thoughts Y'll.

Edited by Takeshi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It kinda sounds like someone cleaned the interior with some undiluted Simple Green or other damaging product, and extra product slipped into some of the  gaps  causing the noises. Whatever happened to your car, it sounds like it was mistreated for sure.  After all you've been through with it, I can surely understand you wanting another vehicle.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Fusion,

 

No one cleaned it with undiluted solutions, it was probably from sweaty hands and body oils.  From inspections the points are at the most wear and tear points, the door handle, driver seat bottom and back outer bolsters from getting in and out. It seems cold weather and UV rays infringe on the structural integrity of the Venetian Leather specifically . I do think the vehicle has been mistreated probably through lack of hygiene. However the Dash covers had clips so that's just bad luck 😞and the seat AC/ Heat blower  / Radio bezel instrument panels seem like bad luck with with electronics too. I have posted pictures below for the leather old and new. The new leather cover is actually showing leather veins recently in winter similar to the old leather cover .

6 hours ago, fusionff said:

It kinda sounds like someone cleaned the interior with some undiluted Simple Green or other damaging product, and extra product slipped into some of the  gaps  causing the noises. Whatever happened to your car, it sounds like it was mistreated for sure.  After all you've been through with it, I can surely understand you wanting another vehicle.  

 

mkz_black_label_chalet_passenger_seat_bottom_old.thumb.jpg.783f6c3e3269df41de5f92da2cab8654.jpgmkz_black_label_chalet_passenger_seat_back_new.thumb.jpg.91cb715776cdd5b5096af872e5780107.jpgmkz_black_label_chalet_driver_seat_bottom_new.thumb.jpg.5367d605172de01742b71af805f7ca36.jpgmkz_black_label_chalet_driver_seat_back_new.thumb.jpg.4d579e5b4bc97a612dd667b79f222446.jpgmkz_black_label_chalet_passenger_seat_bottom_new.thumb.jpg.30a7d8dee2fb33dffd7a0be3976613ae.jpgmkz_black_label_chalet_driver_door_handle_new.thumb.jpg.3941ecd1e81949379f62ace6ca7e618f.jpgmkz_black_label_chalet_driver_seat_back_old.thumb.jpg.642bbc752b219feaf1d9f82b0f87f93c.jpgmkz_black_label_chalet_driver_seat_bottom_old.thumb.jpg.118d163822f38bcbdc3e548a0a02ed55.jpgmkz_black_label_chalet_driver_door_handle_old.thumb.jpg.9fe7f6c2b83cd1e7fa809644ddc5137b.jpgmkz_black_label_chalet_passenger_seat_back_old.thumb.jpg.1cfa97c98020d361c661db1c5543617a.jpg

Edited by Takeshi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a lack of care of the leather. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the car is originally from NH, the leather damage can easily be from road salt. The previous owner probably spread salt or snow melt by hand on their driveway and got in the car without wiping the salt residue off their gloves or pants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed I figured this out through Jim F's comment it's more likely due to road salt.

 

On 2/1/2020 at 1:15 PM, MKZMark said:

Looks like a lack of care of the leather. 

 

 

This probably made my day it makes sense now 👍. I would have never thought of that since the south West coast never experiences snow.  That leads up to another question then, if the Venetian Leather is coated properly to resist Road-Salt or not which might be a defect or after thought in craftsmanship then.  All the points of wear seem to make sense ; being the most likely points of contact & brushing with the average person point of contact with salt and then transitioning it to the vehicle. 

 

On 2/2/2020 at 8:10 AM, JimF said:

Since the car is originally from NH, the leather damage can easily be from road salt. The previous owner probably spread salt or snow melt by hand on their driveway and got in the car without wiping the salt residue off their gloves or pants. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 1:14 PM, Scott said:

Hi Takeshi. I am also sorry to hear about all your MKZ issues. I bought a used 2017 and had a few issues of my own, but nothing like yours.

 

If it were me, I would not keep it beyond the original 50k / 4 Year warranty.  If you are interested in another Lincoln, my suggestion would be to call the Lincoln concierge and explain to them exactly what you have told us. They should also be able to look up all your visits to the dealer for repairs. I would ask them for a full retail trade in on your current model for a new/CPO newer one. 

 

Just a thought. Let us know what you end up doing.

Hi Scott,

 

My vehicle was deemed lemon law buy back. However they're not letting me get the full retail trade since it's a used vehicle :(. They are only allowing me to get new vehicle not any CPO's sadly :(. Should I sell have them repurchase the vehicle or how should i approach in getting a Full Retail trade for my CPO MKZ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, lemon law! As I understand it, Lincoln will buy it back and resell to someone else. The dealer might also offer you trade-in money, but they are in business to make money, so full retail maybe difficult.

 

For you I'd guess it depends if you want to receive the maximum amount of money vs. the ease of getting rid of it. You could probably work with your Lincoln dealer and come up with some sort of compromise. If you purchase another Lincoln through them, they'll likely be more generous. Otherwise, if Lincoln buys it back you can take that money and shop elsewhere, perhaps with another manufacturer.

 

Hopefully, your MKZ brought joy in ownership. Bummer it gave you headache. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that lemon law buy backs are titled as such and typically are sold without warranty and can't be a CPO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I mentioned full retail, I was referring to the full retail value as a used car, not as it was new. Like TomV mentioned, you would think that they would work with you and work out a compromise to get you into a vehicle you are happy with.

 

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lemon Laws vary from state to state.and I only had to use them once on a new car (in Florida) which value started at the MSRP, not what you paid for it.

You should either contact the your State Attorney General office or research your state's law on line to see how it works for a used vehicle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 2:24 AM, Takeshi said:

Hi All My Username is Takeshi,

 

I have incepted a CPO 2017 Lincoln Black Label 3.0T AWD MKZ As of End of December 2018.

  • I have had nothing but ISSUES Since then. Lincoln Warranty, Lincoln Concierge, and my Local Dealership has helped me out greatly which I am very appreciative. However it is getting to that time. in 7 Months My original Warranty will expire and my CPO Warranty will take affect.
  • My Service advisor who has worked with my Since January of 2019 has advised me to get rid of it after the Original 50k / 4 Year Expires as the CPO will cost $100 for each warranty visit plus it might not fully cover all the parts and repairs.
  • As My vehicle is the top trim the parts are quite expensive and hard to come by for some averaging around 1-4k on Each Warranty repair for parts alone.
  • Thus I am wondering if I should move onto my next car before Warranty expires or keep on with this and pray for the best?

 

What are you guys's experience with your car and how often have you taken it in for Warranty? Below is a timeline of cost, parts, and warranty repair done to my vehicle for everyone's information and opinion on this current situation?

 

*Prices are full MSRP before any Discounts and Dealer prices markdown also are rounded for easier estimate Calculations *

 

January :

  • Leather Cracking (not just the veins, you can see the black spots below the Dye) :
    • Warranty Denied Saying it has been tampered with (my service advisor called B.S.) :
      • Took 2 Months for Parts Repairs Lincoln Concierge Helped out Ultimate Bill : $61
      • Leather Seat Back Cover : $1700 
      • Leather Seat Bottom Cover : $1200
  • Trunk Lid Button: Faded
    • Warranty Accepted : Replaced
      • LED Strip with Button $120

March: 

  • Leather Seat Cracking Passenger Side + Leather Fading on Both Passenger And Driver Door Handles
    • Warranty Accepted : Entire Driver & Passenger Door Panel and only Passenger bottom cover | Denied Passenger Back Leather Cover : (says seat looks fine)
      • Driver Door Panel : $4,000
      • Passenger Door Panel : $4000
      • Passenger Seat Bottom Cover : $1200

May-August

  • Rattling on Dash (it was annoying as hell) : Better Service Advisor Proposed to Redo Passenger Back Seat Cover due to Lament Being Shown.
  • Took one months to narrow down part by part 
  • Took 3 Months for Seat Cover to Arrive (on back order)
    • Warranty Accepted All : All the Rattling Panels and Diagnosis plus the Passenger Seat Cover Defectiveness
      • Entire Dash Cover Parts Replaced
      • Cluster Bezel Cover : $3,700
      • Right Top Panel Cover: $3,350
      • Top Of Dash Cover : $14 (surprisingly)
      • Speaker Grill (20 Speaker : $180
      • Passenger Back Cover : $1,700

September-October: 

  • Shift Panel Trim Fade : Mirror Squealing Sound : Trunk Creaking Sound : Lane Keep Assist Button Broken
    • Warranty Tried to Fix All
      • Shift Panel Bezel $250
      • Lubricated Mirror : $0: Stopped Squealing
      • Lubricated Trunk : $0 Still Creaking ...
      • Signal Switch Lane Keep Assist : $60

November til Middle of Jan

  • Back Roof Trim Panel Flew Off ( Yes a piece of my roof flew off on the freeway ...) 
  • Instrument Panel Auto LED is out or not functioning properly
  • Passenger Heated Seat  Blower Went out : Part is on Back Order
  • Now Driver Heated Seat Blower Went out Part is on Back Order
    • Warranty is Covering All Issues
      • Side Seal Roof : $147
      • Side Cover : $174
      • Radio Bezel AKA Instrument Panel : $3150

 

 

 

CURRENTLY: TO BE REPLACED

 

  • TOP Panel : $920
  • Finish Panel: $400
  • Blower Assembly : $124 x 2 = $128
  • Blower Motor : $163 x 2 = $326

 

To Be Determined Diagnosed Issues :

  • Heater Fan not blowing hot air when set to 69 : Ambient temperature outside anywhere from 40-65 : Settings set to the leg portion and front wind shield
    • Service Advisor states hot air blow as expected and working as expected might not me optimal for certain situations due to computer constantly adjusting.
  • Center Vent emitting water slushing and Gurgling noise when running heater when car is Idle or at a Stop
    • Service Advisor states swooshing noise is due to the fans spinning.
  • Rattling From Panel Covering Cup holders when panel is stowed away for Drinks
    • To be Replaced

 

 

Grand Total So Far in Parts Alone : $26599 : And Counting ...

Real Price Cost wit Discount : ($25279 * 0.7) = $18619.3

 

Labor Cost: X Hours x $150 an Hour : TBD if Ever.

 

 

Things Gotten Out of This:

 

  • Respect Your Service Advisor! Work with them they're Human beings too!
  • Lincoln Concierge is Splendid working with them always on Top of Cases.
  • I LOVE MY MKZ with It's Massaging Heated / Cooled Seats and 20 Speaker Revel System and Interior Venetian Leather and Design : But I Dunno if I can keep Visiting the Dealership : They know me on a monthly basis now.
  • I don't think I could pay for future repairs if they're not covered by Lincoln with parts costing this much.
  • Is this amount of problems only on Black Label MKZ's? Is THIS WHY THEY STOPPED Making them After 2018 !?!?!??!
  • To Sell it As Warranty Ends And Cut my losses
  •  Continue and hope for the best with $100 CPO Warranty repair visits? 

 

Thanks for Reading My breakdown and Rant!

 

  • Possible Future Cars
    • 2020 BMW M550i : Massage : Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Sound System : Butt Cooler / Heater : 0-60 in 3.5 | MPG 18/25 | Predicted Used 60k-70K
    • 2020 Audi S6 : Massage : Bang & Olufsen Advanced 3D Sound System : Butt Cooler / Heater : 0-60 in 3.9 | MPG 18/28 | Predicted Used 60k-70K
    • 2019-2020 Mercedes E53 : Massage : Burmeister High End 3D Sound System : Butt Cooler / Heater : 0-60 in 4.0 | MPG 21/28 | Used 65k-75k 
    • New 2021 Genesis G80 Massage : Lexicon Premium Sound System : Butt Cooler / Heater : 0-60  TBD | MPG TBD | new TBD
  • Super Vroom Cars
    • 2017-2020 BMW M5 / M5 Comp : Massage : Bowers & Wilkins Sound System : Butt Cooler / Heater : 0-60 in 2.8-2.9 | MPG 14/21 | 75K M5 -85k M5 Comp Used
    • 2020 C8 Z51 Chevrolet Corvette : Butt Cooler / Heater : Modern World Class Cockpit Interior Design : Mid Engine Design and Driving Dynamics like 911 : 0-60 in 2.8 | MPG 15/27 Predicted Z51 Used 50k-60K

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BUY TGE BEST PREMIUM CARE WARRANTY BEFORE THE factory is gone. You can get a disappearing deductible. I freaked on my Certified Pre-Owned MKZ when I took it in for the PTU fluid change and they told me it was leaking BAD in 3 spots I Called Concierge and increased the length of the warranty had I known at the time you can get a disappearing deductible I would have done it. LINCOLN has paid out in parts alone it sounds miniscule compared to you $4800.00 and I haven't even paid the warranty in full yet. I went for the payment plan anyway mine covers everything except brake pads and rotors oil changes any fluid change really. Preventative maintenance is not covered but it covers all the expensive stuff I hope it's not to late and you aren't waiting for the factory to run out cuz the more miles and expired factory warranty the more you'll pay for an extended. I have a LOVE hate relationship with my MKZ as well. You said the ventilated seat fans aren't working that's more than likely the module under the passenger seat. My heated seats work so well since it was fixed it almost burns my butt our seats have 2 Peltier devices in them one in the seat and one in the back. When you run current thru one way they heat then you reverse polarity it cools the heat part blows over 100 degree heat the the seats 

 

 

WAS YOUR CAR BUILT ON A FRIDAY? Because mine was. All my repairs were done in 8 000 miles. If the car isn't parked in my garage it's at the dealer. Seems like most of your repairs are cosmetic. If you Facebook join the MKZ Enthusiasts group they would love to hear your story they think I'm nuts and making some stuff up at least you have a good service advisor mine is well i will say I can do thier job better at this point 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×