Mcondo

Ambient Lighting reverts to default

I tried searching for answers but could not find a similar problem. My 2014 ambient lighting will not hold its' color. I choose red/blue or whatever and it is fine for days and then poof - back to white. Any one else have this problem and/or solution? 

I had that problem with my 2014. I seem to remember there was a dealer fix or perhaps it was fixed in an update, but not sure.

Artie, drolds1 had the same issue with his 2014. Perhaps he can remember what fixed it.

Yes.  This was well-known problem with the 2014s, and we did discuss it here. For example.  It was covered by TSB 14-0175.

If you're out of warranty, there will be a charge to perform a TSB.   Just so you know, they tried 3 times unsuccessfully  on my 2014 and I just gave up and lived with it.  Others reported non-fixes.

Edited by drolds1

Nice to know. Thanks. I doubt I'll be going to dealer about this. 

Same here with my first 2013 Z , now my current 2016 Z holds the colors .

My 2017 tends to turn off the ambient lighting and I have to go back in the select a color again.

2 hours ago, MKZMark said:

My 2017 tends to turn off the ambient lighting and I have to go back in the select a color again.

Turns it off altogether or reverts to white? How often?  I haven't heard about this after the 2014 MY.  

On 5/24/2019 at 1:02 PM, drolds1 said:

Turns it off altogether or reverts to white? How often?  I haven't heard about this after the 2014 MY.  

Turns it off. It's done it twice in 20 months so not exactly the end of the world. 😁

6 hours ago, MKZMark said:

Turns it off. It's done it twice in 20 months so not exactly the end of the world. 😁

Agreed.  I've had a couple of electronic "brain farts" in that amount of time as well that I ignore.