Sign in to follow this  
jm98

Backup Camera quits

All,

14 MKZh backup camera seems to quit in the middle of reverse drive. Sometimes backup video does not even show.  I am not sure if it's camera of a system.

Check the camera wiring harness along its length to where it enters the interior of the car.  IIRC, there was a TSB for backup camera wiring chafing but I can't find it right now so IDK what MYs are covered.

I got 14 MKz. Wondering if it's still covered. 

4 hours ago, jm98 said:

I got 14 MKz. Wondering if it's still covered. 

Hi jm98.  Something like that would be covered, from the original in-service date, under the 4 year/50,000 mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty.  Are you the original owner?  If yes, when did you purchase the car? If less than 4 years/50,000 miles ago, it will be covered. Or it could also possibly be covered by a Lincoln ESP or other Extended Warranty, if you purchased one.

If you purchased used, did it come with a CPO or other Warranty? If yes, you need to determine if it is still covered under the CPO or used car warranty contract years/miles limitations.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

My purchased was with certified as I paid $1000 for certification at Lincoln dealer.  However I might be out of luck as I got 85K miles on it.