Sign in to follow this  
MyFirstAbraham

Best way to fix small chips

I just bought a 2017 MKZ and while it's a clean car overall, there are a couple paint chips - one on the hood and one on the roof just above front pass door. Neither go past the primer.

There's likely more that I haven' t noticed yet, and certainly more to come.

I know that OEMs sell paint pens, but in my experience the end result usually doesn't look good.

There's been some kind of color matched poly resin that someone I used to work with swore by, that you supposedly just rub on and it blends; don't recall what it was and lost contact with him.

The car is  magnetic gray metalliic.

Any advice much appreciated.

Edited by MyFirstAbraham

Was it Dr. Color Chip?

My 2017 is chipped to hell on the front end from northeast Interstate travel and I've been using Dr Colorchip on it. It doesn't really fill in the chip, it kind of colors the bottom of it but it's better than nothing.

I use Dr Colorchip. Best stuff out there. 

Dr. Colorchip is the best and perfect color match . . For deep chips put on then next fill it again next day , while not perfect  it will make chips tolerable .

I just discovered that by going on the Dr Colorchip page and getting your paint code then go to ebay and order the kit you can save shipping charges .