Sign in to follow this  
Tom

Ventvisors

Hi first post. Anybody using ventvisors? Are they worth it? Photos please.

What is a ventvisor?

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Hi first post. Anybody using ventvisors? Are they worth it? Photos please.

Hi Tom.  I am assuming you mean side window deflectors? If yes...Are side window deflectors/"ventvisors" worth it? That all depends on your personal opinion, preference and what you may need them for. 

I would assume if you are a smoker, it would allow you to crack the window/windows a few inches without allowing rain in the car. I guess the same could be said for those who may want to leave their cars locked/unattended with a window/windows cracked open for a short period of time, to keep the car cooler in the summer

Speaking as a person who does not have them or need them for any of the above reasons, I don't see a lot of use for them, but that is only my opinion. If you want them, I have heard good things about the WeatherTech brand. They are attached in-channel instead of attached by adhesive, which I would consider to be better.: https://www.weathertech.com/side-window-deflectors/

EDIT - Just checked and WeatherTech does not have a side window deflector model available for the 2016  MKZ.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Edited by bbf2530

19 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Tom.  I am assuming you mean side window deflectors? If yes...Are side window deflectors/"ventvisors" worth it? That all depends on your personal opinion, preference and what you may need them for. 

I would assume if you are a smoker, it would allow you to crack the window/windows a few inches without allowing rain in the car. I guess the same could be said for those who may want to leave their cars locked/unattended with a window/windows cracked open for a short period of time, to keep the car cooler in the summer

Speaking as a person who does not have them or need them for any of the above reasons, I don't see a lot of use for them, but that is only my opinion. If you want them, I have heard good things about the WeatherTech brand. They are attached in-channel instead of attached by adhesive, which I would consider to be better.: https://www.weathertech.com/side-window-deflectors/

EDIT - Just checked and WeatherTech does not have a side window deflector model available for the 2016  MKZ.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

If that is what Tom was referring to, I had them on my 2013.  Didn't really think much about them.  They were on the car when I bought it.  However, like every thing else, you don't realize what you have til you lose it.  When I bought my 2017, just cracking the window for air during any type of precipitation is a wetting experience if you don't have them.  I may buy a set but they are not on the top of my list at this time.