Sign in to follow this  
MKZMark

Easy entry and exit steering wheel stopped working

I noticed that my steering wheel was riding low, and the reason is it doesn't move anymore when entering/exiting the vehicle. The seat still moves. Anyone else experience this?

14 minutes ago, MKZMark said:

I noticed that my steering wheel was riding low, and the reason is it doesn't move anymore when entering/exiting the vehicle. The seat still moves. Anyone else experience this?

Hi MKZ.  Will the steering column move when you use the manual buttons on the column itself? 

Have you tried pressing your corresponding preset button on the drivers door to see if the column moves when you reset everything? If you or anyone else manually moved the column, it may stay in that position until manually moved again or a preset button is selected (this may vary according to how you have the system configured in the Drivers Information Center)..

Also, have you checked the Easy Entry/Exit settings in the Information Display to be sure nothing was accidentally changed?

I'd begin problem solving with those items.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

20 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi MKZ.  Will the steering column move when you use the manual buttons on the column itself? 

Have you tried pressing your corresponding preset button on the drivers door to see if the column moves when you reset everything? If you or anyone else manually moved the column, it may stay in that position until manually moved again or a preset button is selected (this may vary according to how you have the system configured in the Drivers Information Center)..

Also, have you checked the Easy Entry/Exit settings in the Information Display to be sure nothing was accidentally changed?

I'd begin problem solving with those items.

I went out and tested everything:

The power steering wheel controls work

The memory function works for the wheel

Easy entry/exit is selected

The driver's seat moves back and forth when starting/exiting the vehicle but the steering wheel no longer moves.

3 hours ago, MKZMark said:

I went out and tested everything:

The power steering wheel controls work

The memory function works for the wheel

Easy entry/exit is selected

The driver's seat moves back and forth when starting/exiting the vehicle but the steering wheel no longer moves.

Hi MKZ.  Then unfortunately, unless another member has any ideas, looks like it's time for a service visit. 🙄

Edited by bbf2530

2 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi MKZ.  Then unfortunately, unless another member has any ideas, looks like it's time for a service visit. 🙄

Yes.  The dealer will be able to pull a DTC and diagnose the problem.  It sounds like a bad module.  Let us know.

I just had it serviced so it will be a while before it goes back. One bad thing about pick up and drop off is you don't get the opportunity to talk to a service advisor in person or demonstrate the issue.