Sign in to follow this  
Eurythmian

Dash Does Not Line Up With Door Panels

I guess I should have noticed this and mentioned it to the dealership when I purchased the car but... after sitting in a newer model I noticed my dash has never lined up evenly with the door panels. It sits about 1/8" high. So the line of the trim look uneven wit the doors. I asked about it when my car was in to have the Satellite Antenna cable replaced and they never said why it is like this. Any thoughts as to how I can fix it? It drives me crazy now that I know it's not right. 

I'll post a photo ASAP.

34 minutes ago, Eurythmian said:

I guess I should have noticed this and mentioned it to the dealership when I purchased the car but... after sitting in a newer model I noticed my dash has never lined up evenly with the door panels. It sits about 1/8" high. So the line of the trim look uneven wit the doors. I asked about it when my car was in to have the Satellite Antenna cable replaced and they never said why it is like this. Any thoughts as to how I can fix it? It drives me crazy now that I know it's not right. 

I'll post a photo ASAP.

H Eurythmian.  If all the panels are attached properly, there is not much that can be done to adjust them.

Did you purchase new or used? Any work ever performed on the doors or dash which would have entailed either being removed, such as replacing door speakers etc.?