Sign in to follow this  
OldSkoolBMX

Bezel lights turning off

First time poster here, I didn't know if this was the right forum because I'm having two issues one being climate and then the other one being I think navigation. so I was driving right now, and this is the second time that has happened in the last 2 months, and my volume and climate control lights on the bezel went blank. But right before that I had a warning come on the radio screen saying that there was a problem with the navigation and to contact my local dealer.

My car is a 2016 hybrid and it has a hundred and twenty-three thousand miles on it. I also noticed that the passenger side airbag light came on.

So does anybody know what possibly is causing this or something I could check?

20190204_084356.jpg

20190204_084515.jpg

Weird things start to happen in these cars when the (12V) batteries get weak.  Is yours the OE battery?  That's the first thing I'd look into.  The 12V battery in the Hybrid isn't used to start the car but it does run the other electrical accessories.

BTW, welcome to the forums and you sure do put on a lot of miles!

120,000?  That's a lot of driving..

9 hours ago, drolds1 said:

Weird things start to happen in these cars when the (12V) batteries get weak.  Is yours the OE battery?  That's the first thing I'd look into.  The 12V battery in the Hybrid isn't used to start the car but it does run the other electrical accessories.

BTW, welcome to the forums and you sure do put on a lot of miles!

Is that the battery in the trunk? Drivers side?

I bought it about 4 or 5 months ago with 103k.

I put about 600 miles a week on it myself.

Yes, in the trunk on the driver's side. See video.  It's a Fusion, but it's the same for this purpose. 

Did you get an owners manual with the car?  If not, download one here.