Sign in to follow this  
etrain

remove items under seat

anyone had this notice? I have removed everything under the seat but i still get this on the dash. Its referring to the passenger seat, i think

On 1/30/2019 at 7:40 PM, etrain said:

anyone had this notice? I have removed everything under the seat but i still get this on the dash. Its referring to the passenger seat, i think

I found this, if it helps.  Could there be a recall on your car?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1377029-please-remove-objects-from-passenger-seat.html

On 1/30/2019 at 7:40 PM, etrain said:

Hi etrain.  What is the exact message you are getting? Are you being instructed to "remove items under the seat", or to remove items from the seat?

Let us know.

pretty sure it says under the seat but i will check next time it come on

it says 

"remove objects near passenger seat"

17 hours ago, etrain said:

it says 

"remove objects near passenger seat"

Hi etrain.  From the "Instrument Cluster" section of your Owners Manual., page 49:

"REMOVE OBJECTS NEAR PASS SEAT— Displayed when objects are by the passenger seat. After the objects are moved away from the seat, if the warning stays on or continues to come on, contact your authorized dealer as soon as possible."

If you are still getting that message after removing everything from on, around or in your seat, including in the map pockets and anything hanging off the back of the headrests (i.e. car organizers, trash containers etc.), you'll probably need to set up a service appointment.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Still comes on and off when the ghost is sitting in the passenger seat