Sign in to follow this  
Stardaddyed

Adaptive cruise

I know this is probably a self evident (e.g.stupid) question/answer but you never know.

I had to buy a used 2017 MKZ Reserve basically because I am opposed to pay $40k+ for a car because I am cheap (and not that well off) but I could find a used MKZ with adaptive cruise.  I really wanted that since I drive the highway everyday.  Is the feature hidden and hack-able (I doubt it) or addable (probably cost prohibitive)?

Like i said neither is likely but thought I would ask the community.  Thanks in advance.

Star

1 hour ago, Stardaddyed said:

I know this is probably a self evident (e.g.stupid) question/answer but you never know.

I had to buy a used 2017 MKZ Reserve basically because I am opposed to pay $40k+ for a car because I am cheap (and not that well off) but I could find a used MKZ with adaptive cruise.  I really wanted that since I drive the highway everyday.  Is the feature hidden and hack-able (I doubt it) or addable (probably cost prohibitive)?

Like i said neither is likely but thought I would ask the community.  Thanks in advance.

Star

Hi Stardaddyed. Short answer is no.

Your non-factory adaptive cruise control equipped MKZ is missing the necessary equipment/sensors, so it is not hack-able. And it would be cost prohibitive to add, as you surmised.

However, enjoy your new MKZ and good luck.

I figured as much but I though I would ask the experts!!!