Jlara330

Hello!

Hello everyone!  Glad to be part of the group.  Here is my beautiful 2011.  I hope this will be a great place to learn and help with any questions that come up while owning this great MKZ.  

683942A6-C475-4678-8A1D-2D031D63491E.jpeg

C2576A29-6A88-4005-BBCB-B37F1223B671.jpeg

3991FF42-52FF-4892-B2E0-27D3E4F2DC99.jpeg

Welcome, JLara330!  Enjoy your MKZ.  You've gotta take that dealer sticker off of the decklid.😋

Howdy nice looking vehicle, sit back and enjoy the site 😉

Edited by R2D2

If it's a good dealer, why remove the sticker?

Congrats, it looks to be in great shape.

Welcome Aboard.

3 hours ago, MKZMark said:

My car came directly from the dealer storage lot the morning that I test drove mine.  Later after I decided to buy it, I gave them two requirements:

1. Do not put a dealer sticker on my car.
  2. Do not put any dealer license plate frame on my car.
  3. Ok, there was a third later on, no front plate bracket, even though it's required in my state.

Congrats on your MKZ, it looks really good enjoy it.

21 hours ago, fusionff said:

Congrats, it looks to be in great shape.

Welcome Aboard.

My car came directly from the dealer storage lot the morning that I test drove mine.  Later after I decided to buy it, I gave them two requirements:

1. Do not put a dealer sticker on my car.
  2. Do not put any dealer license plate frame on my car.
  3. Ok, there was a third later on, no front plate bracket, even though it's required in my state.

Mine came with a large cheap-looking plastic badge which I removed. In the past I had a dealer that drilled big holes in the front bumper cover to hold a dealer plate in a state that doesn't even require a front plate!

But the sticker above is tasteful and shows where the car came from, so I wouldn't mind it so much.

On 12/31/2018 at 8:19 AM, MKZMark said:

Because it ruins the looks of the car.   I have a good dealer and I still don't want any stickers or badges on my decklid.  They don't pay for the free advertising anyway.  In fact, in NY there's actually legislation on the books stipulating that you have the right to decline it and the dealer is bound by law to accommodate you.  Some people even debadge the entire decklid as well.  It's a no-cost option on some M-B.

Mercedes-Benz USA will now allow you to order a no-cost “Badge Deletion” option on the 2016 C63 sedan, GLA 45 CUV and AMG GT. Specifically, these cars will have their model name and “AMG” tag deleted from the trunk  — only the three-pointed star symbol will remain — and the C63 will also have the “AMG” emblems removed from its fenders.

On 12/31/2018 at 7:19 AM, MKZMark said:

I understand your point and if you want to do that, great.  I prefer not to have it but that’s just me.  Welcome to the forum and to the world of MKZ owners!

I told my dealer that if they wanted to put one of their dealer ads on my car they will have to pay for it. They didn't even want to negotiate for a fair price. I don't believe they should expect free advertising. And they are a good dealer.