• Custom Search

jm98

parking for 2.5 weeks

Happy New Year,

I will be parking my Mkz for 2.5 weeks in garage due to travel.  Hoping for smooth restart when back.  I done this with Prius before without any issue.

14 hours ago, jm98 said:

Happy New Year,

I will be parking my Mkz for 2.5 weeks in garage due to travel.  Hoping for smooth restart when back.  I done this with Prius before without any issue.

Can't imagine you would have a problem.  I had a MKZ Hybrid from 2013-2016 and often left mine sitting unused for a 3-4 weeks without a problem.    

I can't possibly see any issues starting after 2 1/2 weeks, unless you still have the original battery.

Don't worry about a thing.

The only caution in the OM for the Hybrid is to disconnect the 12V battery or keep it charged if the period of storage is going to be 30 days or more.

Update, it ended up being 4 weeks parking in garage and hybrid battery was charged >95%.  Just pulled it out and has garage fine dust all over it.  Needs a good wash and vacuum.

2018 MKZ Hybrid, 18,321 miles. We are leaving on a 7 week cruise.  Last year we were gone for a month and returning,  the battery was dead.  Lincoln came out and charged it no problem.  This time wondering about a trickle charge on the 12 volt battery or just disconnecting while gone?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance .

1 hour ago, MKZ4Us said:

2018 MKZ Hybrid, 18,321 miles. We are leaving on a 7 week cruise.  Last year we were gone for a month and returning,  the battery was dead.  Lincoln came out and charged it no problem.  This time wondering about a trickle charge on the 12 volt battery or just disconnecting while gone?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance .

Hi MKZ4 There are instructions in the Owners Manual for prepping/storing the car when not in use for more than a few weeks.

You can also download the PDF version of your Owners Manual here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandservice/owner-manuals/

Instructions for "Vehicle Storage"  are on pages 325-327 in the PDF version.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi bbf2530. 

Thanks for the quick reply.  I seem to forget about the forum for answers.  I'll try to visit more often.  

3 hours ago, MKZ4Us said:

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance .

Buy one of these, charge it up, and leave it in the car.   Use it if needed. 

No need to disconnect anything.  Click the $20 off coupon box if you get that one.

Enjoy your cruise, and don't worry about the car.   m1617.gif