Sign in to follow this  
Blackbr

What’s your next car?

I’m at the halfway point of my 39 month lease of a 2017 MKZ, a car I am enjoying very much.  

In two years I don’t see a new model being available.  The Continental is a great car but I don’t see leasing a well equipped one for my desired payment.  I don’t want an SUV so I expect to defect from a Lincoln.

I have met my local Volvo dealer and will test drive the S60 (my front runner) once they get them. The Genesis G70 is intriguing but I prefer more overt luxury cars.  Might drive Lexus ES too, but that runs a little larger and has godawful infotainment.

What suits your fancy?

41 minutes ago, Blackbr said:

I’m at the halfway point of my 39 month lease of a 2017 MKZ, a car I am enjoying very much.  

In two years I don’t see a new model being available.  The Continental is a great car but I don’t see leasing a well equipped one for my desired payment.  I don’t want an SUV so I expect to defect from a Lincoln.

I have met my local Volvo dealer and will test drive the S60 (my front runner) once they get them. The Genesis G70 is intriguing but I prefer more overt luxury cars.  Might drive Lexus ES too, but that runs a little larger and has godawful infotainment.

What suits your fancy?

Hi Blackbr.  While Ford has announced it is eliminating their cars/sedans except for Mustang, all of Lincoln's car plans are not publicly known yet. There may still be an MKZ replacement (with a RWD/AWD possibility) and a Continental. So don't give up yet.

Good luck.

I am looking for either the Lincoln Aviator to replace the wife's car, or a Ford Ranger to replace the F150 in late 2019.  I plan on keeping the MKZ for a while.

I would love a Lincoln coupe if they would make it. Or I’m waiting to see what the Ford Mach E looks like. Or maybe the Edge ST. 

I plan to keep my Z for 4 more years and hope to get into a new Lincoln sedan. The way they are going (Navigator, Aviator, improving the sales and ownership experience, suicide door Continental) they should have a great one at that point.

My next car will be a 2018 MKZ. In about eight years when I can get one with 112k on it like I did with my 2010. 🙂 Or maybe I'll find a nice low-mile Continental Black Label. I have a few years to make up my mind. 

4 hours ago, Smokestone10 said:

My next car will be a 2018 MKZ. In about eight years when I can get one with 112k on it like I did with my 2010. 🙂 Or maybe I'll find a nice low-mile Continental Black Label. I have a few years to make up my mind. 

I also prefer to buy my cars with a few years and 60-100k in them. I had been aiming for a 2017/18 MKZ since they were revealed, but after about the four year old mark. That's not far off, but I'm getting older and this could be my last car.

I've been searching around for a high optioned reserve, in blue with white interior, and the 3.0 AWD. Those are very rare I see from what's available. My local dealer has a 2018 black label, but it doesn't have the Driver's Package. I'd like to go see it closely, but I'm not in a rush at all, so much other stuff to do at home.

After my experience, I'm just biding my time with my cheap lease. I'll have cash ready to enjoy something real nice when I'm ready for it.

I'm waiting for more on CD6. Ideally with newer techs like:

10-Speed Transmission

Dual (Port and Direct) Injection Fueling

Electric torque motor (like on the Aviator)

Next gen Mustang may be my call. But I do wait and see what Lincoln will replace the MKZ with. Either an all new sedan or coupe, or just something that looks great but isn't an Utility Vehicle.

I'll probably get a new MKZ - but would truly love to be in a new Continental. 

I have about 7 months to the end of my lease.  Been thinking about:

Buick Regal GS, Cadillac CT5 (if it’s out), loaded Toyota Camry XSE V6, Lexus ES 350, Volvo S60 T6, Genesis G70...

Edited by Drwilsc