• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
hrlinc

No responses to engine issue raised

Hi all,

I have posted over the past year the various issues with my 3.0 turbo as has Zalvern. Right now my heads are being replaced at the local dealer. Should have it back this week. Also, have posted quarter mile times at various times. Neither has gotten much response. Thought these were both important subjects, one good one bad, but no few if any replies. I'll keep you posted whether interested or not. Good to have that knowledge base.

Cheers,

HRLINC

1 hour ago, hrlinc said:

Hi all,

I have posted over the past year the various issues with my 3.0 turbo as has Zalvern. Right now my heads are being replaced at the local dealer. Should have it back this week. Also, have posted quarter mile times at various times. Neither has gotten much response. Thought these were both important subjects, one good one bad, but no few if any replies. I'll keep you posted whether interested or not. Good to have that knowledge base.

Cheers,

HRLINC

Hi HRLINC. We always appreciate fellow MKZ owners posting their information and experiences.

Unfortunately, other than those interested in the particular subject of a thread or those interested in helping others solve a problem, most people read and don't reply. Then there are those who just do a drive-by.  They come, post their problem, get replies and hopefully a solution, and just move on without ever even letting us know how their issue was resolved.

Please keep posting, it is appreciated. And good luck with your MKZ when you get it back! 🙂

Don't feel bad. I came to this forum because I knew it was lowkey and smaller traffic than your typical performance mode forum. I sorta dropped some talk at Fusion Sport forums but that was just to assist with my own interest to find the similarities and differences between the 2.7 and 3.0. I dont expect much hustle and bustle here, which is nice in a way compared to say...Mustang or F-150 forums.

I'm not one to ask much help because I tend to undergo self discovery vs asking around. But I do enjoy learning. I HEAVILY lurk all kinds of forums, yet am really just absorbing any potential wisdom. Cars and Computers are two things I self educate myself before ever asking questions, as it's something I enjoy being my hobbies.

I tend to hop to the front page and see what active topics are going on if the MKZ crosses my mind. Not always though, so then i may not see what's up for days or a week. After all I don't really have my ride anymore.

I figure if someone is really interested in myself, they'll attempt to contact me. I try to never ignore those mistakenly who make efforts to outreach me (cause I know how much it sucks when you get blown off by someone or group).

Anyways glad you are finally getting the new heads. It's nice to see them all shiny and what not!

Thanks for the responses. I will update on the new heads. Hopefully good enough to keep car long term. other voices tell me car is jinxed, move on. Too nice though. Can't wait to reapply Livernois tune and go faster in quarter mile:)

Hrlinc

Put up with the bad heads for nearly 2 years. It was stronger than ever after work was done and actually liked seeing how little carbon build up was despite lacking dual injection or those catch can systems. But alas, it was short lived. I did not even get to test it at a drag strip before the end.

I was confident once launching was mastered, and good DA would have had me break into 11.9's.

May another take its place! Good luck with yours hrlinc!