Sign in to follow this  
jm98

MKZh oil/tire rotation at Ford dealer

I am thinking of start using Ford service center for oil/tire rotation services.  Any caveats on going to Ford vs Lincoln dealer?

MKZh with 18" wheels and use full synthetic oil every 7500 miles.

2 hours ago, jm98 said:

I am thinking of start using Ford service center for oil/tire rotation services.  Any caveats on going to Ford vs Lincoln dealer?

MKZh with 18" wheels and use full synthetic oil every 7500 miles.

Hi jm98. My opinion: No, there are no caveats, assuming your local Ford and Lincoln Dealers have quality Service Departments.  They use the same Motorcraft parts, so use whichever Dealer is convenient for you, as far as location and cost.

I have oil changes on my older MKZ performed at a Ford Dealer, because it is more convenient than my Lincoln Dealer. I have the service on my 2018 MKZ performed at the Lincoln Dealer, since I have free oil changes and loaner vehicles there.

I would mention this one caveat: Since you are using full synthetic oil, you could save some time and money by changing your oil every 10,000 miles. That is the Lincoln/Ford recommended oil change interval using synthetic blend, and you are using full synthetic.  Up to you of course.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi BBF2530,

That sounds good. Now the tough task is to find quality ford dealer.  There are few of em around here.  Will keep you posted on my next trip to Ford dealer.

Edited by jm98

The only thing you'll be missing out on is the complimentary car wash, which may or not be of importance to you.

56 minutes ago, drolds1 said:

The only thing you'll be missing out on is the complimentary car wash, which may or not be of importance to you.

Hi jm98. drolds1 is correct.  I forgot about the complementary car wash at Lincoln Dealers. 😯

Is the change/rotation the same price?

2 hours ago, Chris109 said:

Hi Chris.  Dealers can set their own pricing, so no concrete answer for that one.  In my area, you can get "The Works" service package for $39.95 at most Lincoln and Ford dealers. Additionally, there are usually coupons available for that $39.95 price (or less) from most of my local Dealerships. Check the Lincoln and Ford Owner websites, along with your local Dealership websites.

Good luck.

Interestingly enough,  when I went to search for a "The Works" coupon the other day, whatever I found online had no price on it.  My dealer had one on its website and it had no price either.  I had a coupon that the dealer mailed for a $19.95 oil change.  When I asked the SA what The Works  package costs now, he said "about $45."  Tire rotation is $20.  That, combined with the oil change coupon came out to the same $39.95 as in the past.  They owed me one free oil change so the service cost $20.  Fair enough.

7 hours ago, drolds1 said:

Interestingly enough,  when I went to search for a "The Works" coupon the other day, whatever I found online had no price on it.  My dealer had one on its website and it had no price either.  I had a coupon that the dealer mailed for a $19.95 oil change.  When I asked the SA what The Works  package costs now, he said "about $45."  Tire rotation is $20.  That, combined with the oil change coupon came out to the same $39.95 as in the past.  They owed me one free oil change so the service cost $20.  Fair enough.

Hi drolds1.  Yes, I see those no price "coupons" more and more lately.  Seems a bit disingenuous to me, since some customers will make an appointment and go in without asking the price beforehand.

So far, I've always been able to find a $39.95 or less coupon for one of my chosen local Lincoln or Ford Dealers.  If not, I let them know I can get "The Works" package from another Dealership, and they always meet the price. So far, anyway.  It also seems to help if you sign up for the dealerships newsletters. I get even more coupon and discount offers there.

Hopefully, this information will help somebody, since you and I are beyond help. 🤣🙂

22 hours ago, Chris109 said:

My Lincoln full synth + tire rotation comes out to be $100 + tax. 

41 minutes ago, jm98 said:

My Lincoln full synth + tire rotation comes out to be $100 + tax. 

Still a bargain compared to the imports.  As I've mention in the past, M-B "A Service," which consists of:

1. Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement
  2. Oil Filter Replacement
  3. All Fluid Level Checks & Corrections Are Dependent On Factory-Recommended Service Intervals For Your Vehicle's Year & Model
  4. Tire Inflation Check & Correction
  5. Brake Component Inspection
  6. Reset Maintenance Counter

...runs $320 around here and doesn't even include everything you get in the Ford-Lincoln service.