Sign in to follow this  
bbf2530

SiriusXM subscription offers?

Hi all.  The SiriusXM 6 month trial on my 2018 MKZ is about to end, and I was wondering if anyone has any information on public offers better than the current 1 year/$60, Select package offer?  If you do and wouldn't mind sharing, would you post a link here?

Thanks for reading and good luck.

The best offers are usually 5 months for $25, or 6 months for $30.  I've never seen the full year for $60 offer, but I see now that they are coming to their senses and offering the yearly deal at $5 per month.   I renewed with the 6 months/$30 deal in September (Select Package), and remember that these are Promotional Deals, meaning don't forget to call them and cancel right before it's about to expire.  But you probably already know the deal about cancelling.  

Edited by fusionff

3 hours ago, fusionff said:

The best offers are usually 5 months for $25, or 6 months for $30.  I've never seen the full year for $60 offer, but I see now that they are coming to their senses and offering the yearly deal at $5 per month.   I renewed with the 6 months/$30 deal in September (Select Package), and remember that these are Promotional Deals, meaning don't forget to call them and cancel right before it's about to expire.  But you probably already know the deal about cancelling.  

Hi fusionff.  How have you been?

Yes, it seems after some research that the 1 year/$60 offer is the best around right now, so I will sign up for that. They had another offer, which was ~$8.xx a month All Access and a free Echo Dot, but I only need the service for my car and don't need an Echo Dot.

Thank you for helping and good luck. 😀

Edited by bbf2530

Of course, you could always  do the "I just bought the car" and get 3 months free.  Change your name and email. I did that on my '13 for 9 months.  Got the original 3 months free cause I just bought the car.  When the promo was up, changed my name and email address. Told them I bought the car from my roomie.  Then, after 3 months, told them I bought it back and used my real name and email.  If you want free, you could always do that.  Just keep 'selling' your car.

I've used their service for 3 years and finally cancelled this year. Since I don't have time to call every 3-6 month, I negotiated an annual deal. I would call just one day before the end of my annual term and I would press an option to cancel the service. After you've been transferred to the retention department tell them that you would like to cancel your service. They will give you a deal. You might decline the first deal and see if they could offer you a better one. Since I'm in Canada, my best deal was $113/yr including all fees, taxes (13%) and online access. I didn't care about sport but I had Howard Stern channels. 

After first year SXM moved one of my favorite channels to online only. And last year they've re-branded another channel that I was listening to. I used to listen only to 2-3 music channels and Howard 100, Howard 101. After that I didn't see any more value of paying for something that I don't use.

Now I listen to a free version of Spotify.