Sign in to follow this  
rubyinla

Who'da ever thought???

From being at 85mph at the top of the freeway on-ramp in my Mustang EcoBoost to being happy just to have gotten there 🙂 ... In style, if not in a blur.

Got a pristine 2016 Ruby Red hybrid.  haha... just as gas prices go down.  Anyway, it's a lease return with 25k and has everything but a back messager 😞

Friends are avoiding me not wanting to hear that I got 51mpg in stop and go traffic on the freeway.  Handles pretty good and now that I know what lane assist is I'm not freaked out when the steering wheel starts vibrating in my hands 🙂   It does need an autopilot though ... 

I'm happy and Happy Thanksgiving

mzk at dealer.jpg

mzk interior.jpg

Congrats on your MKZ Hybrid it looks great enjoy it and welcome to the forum.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

I'll bet that as soon as you get used it driving it, you will soon be looking to getting a newer model.

Edited by Chris109

It looks like new sitting there in the showroom, best of luck with it.

Welcome aboard.

Congratulations.  I’m glad you like your MKZh!  You’ll get spoiled by the mileage (if you aren’t already).  While red is not my color, I must admit your MKZh looks great!

I had a 2013 MKZh and really liked it!  When its lease expired, I got a 2016 MKC.  Now that my lease is just about up on the ‘16 ‘C, I decided to go back to the Z!  I just ordered a 2019 MKZh (Reserve II in Rhapsody Blue) and can hardly wait for it to arrive (probably in January).

Congratulations again on your ‘Zh!

57 minutes ago, 1984Poke said:

Congratulations.  I’m glad you like your MKZh!  You’ll get spoiled by the mileage (if you aren’t already).  While red is not my color, I must admit your MKZh looks great!

I had a 2013 MKZh and really liked it!  When its lease expired, I got a 2016 MKC.  Now that my lease is just about up on the ‘16 ‘C, I decided to go back to the Z!  I just ordered a 2019 MKZh (Reserve II in Rhapsody Blue) and can hardly wait for it to arrive (probably in January).

Congratulations again on your ‘Zh!

How was your MKC?  My DIL just tuned hers in at lease-end also. I'm sorry to say that it was in the shop a lot during the 3 years she had it.

Thanks for the welcome gentlemen. 

HA!  When I was with the salesman looking at another MKZ with 10k more mile and less equipment we walked by mine.  I commented on it and he said it was a new one :) 

Glad I didn't believe him and went back and double check!  First 300 mile trip and getting 42mpg at 70mph.  Mustang's still smoke by me though... hehe....

I popped, against my better judgement, for an extended 2 year warranty so I've got bumper to bumper full coverage for the next 5 years.  Planning on hanging on to it.

On 11/21/2018 at 5:32 PM, drolds1 said:

How was your MKC?  My DIL just tuned hers in at lease-end also. I'm sorry to say that it was in the shop a lot during the 3 years she had it.

For the most part, I’ve liked the 2.0L 2016 MKC Reserve I’ve had for almost 3 years.  I like the features but there have been two or three annoying things.

One is the folding side mirrors.  Occasionally, the mirrors would “pop” repeatedly when folding out upon starting the engine.  The mirrors would try to move to the pre-selected positions associated with my key fob but would keep going/keep moving.  This lasted about 15 to 20 seconds.  I took it in for service at the local Ford dealership and the problem was fixed for a while, but then it came back several months later.  It happens only very occasionally, not constantly.

Now (the last few months), there is a somewhat different mirror problem.  I don’t get the “popping” problem much anymore but what I’m experiencing now is the mirrors move upon engine start but do not move to the correct positions no matter how many times I re-program the desired positions for my key fob.  I have to re-set the mirrors manually to the positions I need almost every time I unlock the car with the key fob.

I had been in touch with my Lincoln dealer’s service department (75 miles away) recently about getting that dealt with, but once I decided to order a 2019 MKZh and turn in the leased 2016 MKC within the 3 month “early bird” turn-in window, I decided to just live with it until my ‘Zh arrives rather than take a loaner for the time it would take to get the MKC fixed.  (I've read about this issue in an MKC forum.  It seems to be a major fix that involves disassembling the mirrors and re-wiring things.  No thanks.  I would do it if I were keeping the MKC but, given that I'm about to part with it, I'll just live with this issue for a bit longer.)

Another annoyance has been a fairly constant rumbling sound from the left front speaker area when driving over rough pavement.  That continues but I’ve ameliorated the issue a little by stuffing a plastic shim into a spot on the dash (an inelegant and temporary solution, I’ll acknowledge).  There was another problem with the rear view mirror housing rattling but the local Ford dealer fixed that.  My view is that a luxury brand vehicle should not have rumbles or rattles.

I’ve also had the car not start twice due to a low/dead battery after 18 to 20 months of ownership (“lease-ship”??), requiring a jump start both times.  Lincoln Roadside Assistance took care of the jump start both times and did so quickly, which I appreciated.  After the second time, I got a new battery under warranty and have had no problems since.

Edited by 1984Poke

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this