Sign in to follow this  
RubenB

Welcome light

I have a 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid with the Technology Package. I noticed when I unlock the door remotely. The welcome light come on. I prefer to just walk up and the welcome light just come on by themselves . I have look for this option in the software. No success. Can anyone help? If this is not a option, then the other question would be. Can a update be done?

11 minutes ago, RubenB said:

I have a 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid with the Technology Package. I noticed when I unlock the door remotely. The welcome light come on. I prefer to just walk up and the welcome light just come on by themselves . I have look for this option in the software. No success. Can anyone help? If this is not a option, then the other question would be. Can a update be done?

Hi Ruben.  Moving this question to the "Glass, Lenses, Lighting Moonroof" subforum.

The "Forum Help and Suggestions" forum is for help and suggestions concerning the MKZ Forum itself. 

Concerning your question: It is possible on the 2018's (and I am assuming the 2017's), but I am not sure about the 2013-2016 models. Have you checked your Owners Manual for instructions on the welcome lighting settings?

Hopefully another member will jump in with more information.

Edited by bbf2530

There was no approach lighting feature on my 2014 with Technology Package.  I don't remember when that was introduced on the MKZ.

Scroll through the Settings menu.  If there's a Lighting setting, see what that controls.

On my 2017, the welcome light does come on.  But it only comes on when the mirrors are folded.

And looking in the manual for my 2013, it does not have the welcome light feature.

Edited by Chris109