Sign in to follow this  
Chris109

Sirius Travel Link

For my 17 MKZh, I am under the impression that Travel Link is supposed to be a 6 year free subscription.  I bought the car used.  The subscription should be transferable, shouldn't it?  I asked the dealer and he said it should be because Lincoln paid up front for the subscription. 

I have not called Sirius yet.  I just would like some input first.

56 minutes ago, Chris109 said:

For my 17 MKZh, I am under the impression that Travel Link is supposed to be a 6 year free subscription.  I bought the car used.  The subscription should be transferable, shouldn't it?  I asked the dealer and he said it should be because Lincoln paid up front for the subscription. 

I have not called Sirius yet.  I just would like some input first.

Hi Chris.  Yes, it is transferable.  Like the warranty, it goes with the car.  If you have any problems, call the Lincoln Concierge.

Have you registered yourself and your MKZ on the Lincoln Owners website?

11 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Chris.  Yes, it is transferable.  Like the warranty, it goes with the car.  If you have any problems, call the Lincoln Concierge.

Have you registered yourself and your MKZ on the Lincoln Owners website?

Yes, I did register.  It was thru Ford.  They told me it was for the original owner only.  I did tell them (thru chat) that there is nothing in writing saying it was not transferable.  I was in no mood to argue. 

And when I 'chatted' with someone at Sirius, that person told me that with a used vehicle, it is only good for a 3 month trial period.  I even sent a link from Sirius's own website saying that Lincoln vehicles now come with a 6 year free subscription with no mention of it not being transferable. Person didn't care.

2 hours ago, Chris109 said:

Yes, I did register.  It was thru Ford.  They told me it was for the original owner only.  I did tell them (thru chat) that there is nothing in writing saying it was not transferable.  I was in no mood to argue. 

And when I 'chatted' with someone at Sirius, that person told me that with a used vehicle, it is only good for a 3 month trial period.  I even sent a link from Sirius's own website saying that Lincoln vehicles now come with a 6 year free subscription with no mention of it not being transferable. Person didn't care.

Hi Chris. Sorry, I'm getting old and confused and am not sure what you meant by "Yes, I did register.  It was thru Ford." Ford representatives will not have access to all Lincoln vehicle information. Did you speak with Lincoln?

So let me try it this way...Did you register on the Lincoln Owners website found here: https://owner.lincoln.com/

If there is confusion about this, I would still recommend calling the Lincoln Concierge. 1-800-521-4140. Be sure your car is registered with them and ask them what is the correct information concerning Sirius Travel Link.

To my knowledge, the subscription is linked to the vehicle and it's SYNC system/vehicle modem serial number/SYNC ID etc. So it is not as though the previous owner can take the subscription with them to another car. Did you follow the instructions to link your phone to your SYNC system to access Travel Link?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to help while flying blind here.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

EDIT - Maybe this page from the Lincoln Owners website will also help a little: https://www.lincoln.com/technology/siriusxm/#siriusxm

Scroll to wards the bottom to the Sirius Satellite radio FAQ section.  Click to expand the FAQ answers

Edited by bbf2530

This was the chat window.  Concierge on the right, below the Lincoln logo.  The web address is thru Ford.  The person also told me that the previous owner was female.  Which is true. 

I did call them.  The lady was very nice.  She said that the subscription is only for new vehicle owners.  She did say she would be happy to call my dealer and ask them to re-enroll the car with Sirius to continue the subscription.  Since I do business with them, I figure I can talk to them about it when I bring over more employee shirts.

But, then again, it may be moot point since there is a 2019 MKZh on the way that they used my specs for, if I want it.  So the 6 year subscription would start all over again. 

image.thumb.png.bcbd6e4915cf083cc35b891b7de59fcf.png

Edited by Chris109

Hi Chris.  The Lincoln Concierge service is part of the perks of owning a Lincoln. Why not take advantage and allow them to do the work of calling your Dealership? If their attempt is successful, problem solved.  If not, you can talk to the Dealership and try to collect on a business favor. The Lincoln Concierge service is one of the perks of owning a Lincoln.

And did you have Lincoln Concierge re-register the car in your name and have you registered you and your MKZ on the Lincoln Owners website? Again, sorry for all the questions, but not all Lincoln owners know about the services available, how to register etc.

EDIT - Oh...and just so there is no confusion for us and others: The free Sirius XM Radio subscription is only 6 months. The free Sirius XM Trave LInk and XM Traffic subscription is 6 years.

Keep us updated, as your information will be useful to others who have purchased used. And good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi Chris.  Just did some additional research.  Did you see this page on the Sirius XM website? https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3677

See the answers to "If you purchased a pre-owned vehicle" and "If you purchased a vehicle and received no information about a trial".

Perhaps the answers will help you avoid any phone calls or favors.

Edited by bbf2530

1 hour ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Chris.  Just did some additional research.  Did you see this page on the Sirius XM website? https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3677

See the answers to "If you purchased a pre-owned vehicle" and "If you purchased a vehicle and received no information about a trial".

Perhaps the answers will help you avoid any phone calls or favors.

2 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Chris.  The Lincoln Concierge service is part of the perks of owning a Lincoln. Why not take advantage and allow them to do the work of calling your Dealership? If their attempt is successful, problem solved.  If not, you can talk to the Dealership and try to collect on a business favor. The Lincoln Concierge service is one of the perks of owning a Lincoln.

And did you have Lincoln Concierge re-register the car in your name and have you registered you and your MKZ on the Lincoln Owners website? Again, sorry for all the questions, but not all Lincoln owners know about the services available, how to register etc.

EDIT - Oh...and just so there is no confusion for us and others: The free Sirius XM Radio subscription is only 6 months. The free Sirius XM Trave LInk and XM Traffic subscription is 6 years.

Keep us updated, as your information will be useful to others who have purchased used. And good luck.

Yes, I registered the 2017 with Lincoln when I bought it.  I guess maybe the concierge service is not directly related to Lincoln, per se. The woman in chat did say something about 2 separate entities, I think.   When I did call today, the woman had the conversation on hand from yesterday's chat.

Also, I did get the trial.  And I transferred my remaining time from my 2013 for the radio.  I was more interested in the Travel Link.

Hi Chris.  Just trying to exhaust all possibilities here.  So when you follow the Sirius Travel Link access instructional video and instructions in this link, what happens? - https://owner.lincoln.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-3/navigation/how-to-use-sirius-xm-with-sync-3.html

Edited by bbf2530

19 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Chris.  Just trying to exhaust all possibilities here.  So when you follow the Sirius Travel Link access instructional video and instructions in this link, what happens? - https://owner.lincoln.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-3/navigation/how-to-use-sirius-xm-with-sync-3.html

I've used it in both of my cars.  In the 2017 it tells me I am not subscribed.  Sirius even told me that the trial ran out recently.  I have to go to my dealer a bit later, I will talk to one of the managers.  It's a good group of people.

This was more of a curiosity to see if anyone else out there bought a used Lincoln had had the travel Link transferred. 

2 hours ago, Chris109 said:

I've used it in both of my cars.  In the 2017 it tells me I am not subscribed.  Sirius even told me that the trial ran out recently.  I have to go to my dealer a bit later, I will talk to one of the managers.  It's a good group of people.

This was more of a curiosity to see if anyone else out there bought a used Lincoln had had the travel Link transferred. 

HI Chris.  Hope everything works out.  Good luck.

Turns out someone re-activated my Travel Link.  It was not the dealer cause no one there knew how to do it.  I know it could not have been Sirius.   Must have been Lincoln when I did inform them that no where did it say that it was not transferable.  Either that or they saw that I have 2 Lincolns.  So, as of now, I call it a win.  I would send out a Thank You to Lincoln concierge, but I do not want to press my luck.